Community > Rohloff Internal Hub Gears

converting hub version

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop:
If you send the hub/wheel into us, to convert to a disc fitting costs £77.50 + £5 return postage. Turnaround is 2-3 working days on average.

PH:
Thanks all, also had a reply to my email enquiry which tells me all I wanted to know.  It's getting expensive, and I'm not particularly fussed about having a disk brake, but I can't see another OTP frame that comes even close to matching my requirements.

mickeg:
Could you use a sidepull brake, or perhaps a vintage centerpull brake unit?

PH:
I could, and may even do so as a temporary measure to get the Rohloff back in use, but the tyre size restriction doesn't really fit with it's intended use and it's a lot of money for something that's a compromise from the start. 

ledburner:
Ison Distribution, did the convention for me and also did a hub cap change converting it to discs as such they returned it to Rohloff to rectify another issue,whereby it was occasionally going into 'neutral'. This included seals and all parts. The sent it to Germany Free of Charge. Mine is from May 1999.
I think it may be run in now external conversion in my experience is a little tighter, even though lighter springs were added. I put this down to the longer cable runs.
Regards
Ledburner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version