Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

The Saga of the Barbag

<< < (2/3) > >>

Donerol:
That doesn't look good. In my Super C bag, admittedly several years old, the mounting plate is fixed with rivet thingies which are much flatter.  Seriously, I would contact Carradice, sending them that photo, and ask if it is really meant to be like that.  They are very helpful, and after some googling I haven't found any other mentions of such intrusive bolts.

John Saxby:
Hi Janet,

Here's something that may be helpful:  The photo below shows the interior of my Arkel small h'bar bag, with the yellow waterproof lining removed.  Those nubby white items you see are 10mm plastic dome nuts which thread onto the four fixing bolts which protrude into the inside of the bag, between the liner and the rear wall of the bag. (These four bolts fasten the attaching brackets to the outside rear of the bag.)

I should think that you could ask Carradice for something like this, or possibly even find something similar at a good hardware shop, or a shop specializing in fasteners.

On my Arkel setup, one of the four dome nuts tends to work loose, so I've used Loctite blue to keep it in place.

Hope that's helpful,

Cheers,  John

Donerol:
I think the KlickFix bolts should be made shorter, and secured with dome-head nuts like these in this adapter plate made by Basil - have a look at the last photo.

RST Scout:
I prefer the look of those dome nuts on your bag, John. I'll have a look in B&Q next time I'm in there. I was thinking of shortening the bolts with a hacksaw but the dome nuts are a good idea.

Cheers,
Janet

John Saxby:
If all else fails, Janet, you could probably shorten the bolts with a hacksaw, and then cover any small protrusions with a ball of Sugru.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version