Author Topic: Proud new owner  (Read 17322 times)

RST Scout

• Janet
Re: Proud new owner
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 07:49:26 pm »
Oh and by the way. RST now means Rough Stuff Tourer to me ;)
Scout & Bettina's slave!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »
 ;D

All good, Janet!

Best,

Dan.

Bill C

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2017, 07:58:50 pm »
mmmm roughstuff rings a bell  ;)

jags

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
Where has our janet gone.very quiet these days I miss the chat.hope all's well in her camp ;)

bobs

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 04:36:30 pm »
She will be out enjoying herself.

jags

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:55 pm »
certainly hope so. 8)

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2017, 11:30:38 pm »
Been ill but have been out on Scout almost every day this past week. I'll post a few photos. Still messing around with the saddle position but think I might have sorted it now. I am still getting numb fingers and thumbs on occasion but still think she is a very comfortable bike (a novelty for me!). Very easy to ride, I think its because changing gear is so easy, I'm more often in the correct gear now. Usually on derailleur bikes I try to stay in the same gear regardless of the terrain and I over-tire myself.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 09:45:26 am »
Hi Janet great your ok not nice being ill :'(.no idea how to get rid of numb hands  maybe saddle height either to high or to low Dan would be expert on this.anyway great your back chatting  .cheers anto.

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 10:42:32 am »
Janet

What type of handlebar grips have you on Raven? Not sure if you have drops or straight bars? I have Thorn comfort bars with the Ergon GP1 Biokork grips ...

http://www.ergon-bike.com/en/product.html?a=griffe#gptouring-series

At first I made lots of small adjustments to the angle of the grips, and found that any small adjustment to the saddle, forward or back, or to the seat height required another adjustment to the angle of the grips.

I found it best to get the seat height absolutely perfect then play around with the grip making mm adjustments before each ride. Finally I have them in the best position. Only suffered a couple of bouts of numbness on two three month tours.

Recommend the comfort bar and Ergon grips combination if you have flat bars!

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 02:17:32 pm »
Hi Stunt,

Got the flat handlebars, Ergon GP1 grips and have added bar ends. Still fiddling around with the saddle. I agree its just micro adjustments required. I'll get there in the end. :D

Hi Anto,
It was the damned pills wot dun it! ::) . How's your back. Has the bike-fit made much difference?

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 02:31:07 pm »
Hi janet,bike fit was great but the back is knackered im afraid.I finished with the group rides last week just to fast.got a lovely spin in today today photos on facebook.good your back out roll on the summer.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 09:35:16 pm »
I've just been reading an article that says lower back pain is a symptom of road vibration  :(  Have you tried one of those flexi seatposts? I fancy one but they are expensive.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 10:22:53 pm »
i have indeed Janet but the set back is all wrong for me .ah it's the pace that screws me up big time i'll just have to learn to ride easier  pace myself .if i buy one more thing cycling the wife will deck me for sure  :'( :'( :'(

anto

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 09:38:57 pm »
I quite agree, pace yourself. Just do what you want to, how you want to. Life's too short. I've given up with groups too.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
I enjoy solo suits me better these days.the groupis a good craic but yeah t heres always one that wants t o push up the pace I jus t leave them a t it.
An t o