Author Topic: training plan.  (Read 2734 times)

jags

training plan.
« on: February 13, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »
yeah so i need to start training for all these touring plans i have, but i'm just after munching on 2 big cakes,the wife was in tesco  god will i ever learn :'( :'(
only saving grace there were feckin lovely ;D

so anyway i'll start tomorrow got to get the miles in if i want to finish the tours, i ran out of memory tablets that's usually how i ride these days on memory, no more tricks left got to get peddling.
so an hour or 2 every day bigger miles weekend  until end of april should do the trick andof course stop eating sh..e .

anto.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: training plan.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:57:22 pm »
Sounds like a plan, Anto.

Or...you could tour Tesco to Tesco and have the ride without the sacrifice. :D

All the best,

Dan. (...who has been known to ride from food source to food source)

jags

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 02:31:17 pm »
there all on strike Dan wont pay there workers,
i was on grand  dad duties again today.

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:47:24 pm »
I find that when I cycle I can eat what I like. I'm diabetic but after exercise (cycling) even cakes are fine.

Janet
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:53:25 pm »
i can help meself sweet tooth i'm afraid ::)

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 02:54:04 pm »
Snap ::)
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 05:00:54 pm »
got 20 country miles in today the sky went from blue to black in a matter of seconds thankfully i didn't get soaked ,i think that was my first spin in 3 weeks certainly felt it in my little legs still got to be done  same again tomorrow with a bit of luck.
btw full mudguards are a blessing on these mucky roads didn't have to wash the bike when i got home ;)

anto.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 04:55:44 am »
yes food to food! I got in about 35 flat miles today - in Plain City I stopped at Royalies which is run by a couple of British transplants. I had battered fried sausage with chips = french fries. Then to Smith and Edwards which is a crazy huge "country boy" store. They did have wingnuts but the two sizes I guessed at turned out both to be wrong, once I got home. Oh well. I got a Moon Cake too, some marshmellow wafer thing. This was not a day for good nutrition! Then to Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Grounds for Coffee. The caramel apple bars looked good - apple is nutritious, right? Turned out to be caramel caramel apple caramel. Finally home, a slightly new route - exploring ways to minimize the traffic!

Yeah I am dreaming about vast tours... only going to happen if I get out and ride!

jags

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:55:21 am »
funny but when i'm cycling i seldom eat,  if im with the group there usually a coffee stop but  one cup with nothing to eat im happy.
a habit i got into is taking gels usually 2 on a ride ,gonna have to knock that on the head ,i usuallt take 2 energy bars and 2 gels on all my spins its a tough spin if i come home with that lot eaten. :'(

anto

jags

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 01:28:24 pm »
went for a walk this morning as it was spitting rain, but caught the group out secret training  ;D ;D makes me laugh when you meet up the weekend and ask ,well did you get out during the week the answer is always no  then proceed to pull the legs off you .
this was the ladys group i'll make them suffer for that stunt ;)

anto.

Relayer

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 08:38:58 am »
went for a walk this morning as it was spitting rain, but caught the group out secret training  ;D ;D makes me laugh when you meet up the weekend and ask ,well did you get out during the week the answer is always no  then proceed to pull the legs off you .
this was the ladys group i'll make them suffer for that stunt ;)

anto.

Be careful anto, they might just put the hammer down and drop you in the middle of nowhere heheh   ;D

jags

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 10:25:44 am »
they already tried that stunt Jim  ;D ;D