Author Topic: Congratulations and thanks to John Saxby, newest Hero Member!  (Read 5788 times)

John Saxby

Re: Congratulations and thanks to John Saxby, newest Hero Member!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 11:07:41 pm »
Thanks, Mike.  I was thinking that this is all getting downright embarrassing, and that I should ask Dan to call time, but then there's an opportunity to honour Pavel's idea ...

Happens I was was in the Carolinas a few years back, also on 2 wheels, but that was on Hans, my airhead, and much as I enjoyed the Blue Ridge Parkway on a motobike, I'm less sure about it on my Raven. I was chatting with a cyclist on a ride up into the Gatineau one day a while back, & he told me he'd just finished a short tour on the BRP. I asked him about it -- he said he'd bailed out after 4 days, nothing but exhausting up-and-downs  :-(

We'll see what can be done if I make it to Foggie Olde and surrounds in a year or two -- in any case, I'll raise a glass to y'all when I'm Down Unda in Feb & March!

jags

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:56 am »
That happened me in Spain last day into Santiago 100km day up and down all day long i actually got the bonk it was that hard mind you me and another guy still got in a good 45 minutes before the rest joined us .man i love cycling  8) 8)

anto

no need to get embarrassed john sure we all love ya buddy. ;)

ají

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 10:08:21 am »
i was thinking...shouldnt there be more categories after 1000 posts hero?
any suggestions people?
we could try grand sensei, sublime master,... etc

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »
Hi Andrew!

Before our Forum software ipgrade, there were several classifications (or membergroups) by post count. They weren't terribly imaginative, culminating in "UltraSuperHero".

I can create new membergroups, but this is working pretty well. A small core of the entire membership contributes regularly. The vast majority "read silently" or finally speak when they are contemplating a purchase, have a question, or need help solving a problem.

I myself "lurked" for about 7 years before joining formally and making my first post, as I was about to buy a Sherpa. By that time, I was familiar with the tone of the Forum and knew I'd receive helpful advice and suggestions from members I already considered friends.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 03:29:42 pm »
i think i was a super hero at one time  :'(
what did i ever do wrong  :'(

bobs

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »
You sold your Thorn. Cardinal sin.

Bob

David Simpson

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 06:46:46 pm »
But since he has bought another Thorn, all is forgiven.

At his current rate of posting (4.676 per day), jags will reach Hero status (1000 posts) on June 2, 2017.

- DaveS

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 06:54:23 pm »
i think i was a super hero at one time  :'(
what did i ever do wrong
You were indeed a SuperHero and did nothing wrong; you lost the status because you deleted your account several times when you took breaks from the Forum. When an account is deleted, Things happen:

• You're removed as a member and from the rolls.
• Your posts remain but are labeled as made by a guest and so are not readily searchable.
• Your avatar is removed.
• Post totals and membergroup status are expunged.

If your original account had remained active, it is likely you would lead the post-count.

I think you'll be there again soon.  ;D

As a suggestion to others who might ponder leaving for awhile: If you go to your profile and turn off email post notifications, all your information and status will still be there if you decide to return later. This is a good strategy if you plan to be away for awhile, as when on a long tour or with limited opportunities to check in.

All the best

Dan.

jags

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »
yeah i suppose i shouldn't have deleted my account, by now thorn probably would have sent me a free bike  or even a bell for all the posts ah well not to worry  .
Bob i wont be selling this one thats for certain.
David my birthday is june 8th so i'll wait until then  ;D.

anto
(geek of the week)

ají

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 06:22:10 am »

I myself "lurked" for about 7 years before joining formally and making my first post

there is hope for us all!