Author Topic: anto's audax.  (Read 85895 times)

jags

Re: anto's audax.
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:21 pm »
Dan i have a new pair of northwave spd shoes im going to try  them about the place for a few days see if i can get them moulded to my foot  there tight tho  ???  i also have the same northwave in road shoes same problem tight fitting. the sole  is pretty stiff moulded hard plastic .

anto.

[Pics added by Dan on Anto's behalf]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:17:23 pm by Danneaux »

Neil Jones

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:51 pm »
Looks cracking cycling country, bet it gets windy right on the coast though.

It's a shame that foot and back pain is spoiling your rides. I use Superfeet Blue insoles for my walking boots and trail shoes, my feet feel fine even after 20+ miles backpacking. It could be possible that your foot pain is causing your back pain.

Hope you get yourself sorted,
Neil

jags

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2017, 10:47:18 pm »
cheers Neil i have swollen discs not nice.

yeah great cycling country thats part of the coast ride roads are cat baloo  ;D ;D mores the pity  if the guys were hung for laying tarmac they would be hung innocent that's the truth  ;)
i could see the snow on the cooley mountains in the far distance maybe 35 miles away from that spot..

i remember a smart arse engineer said to me on a spin one day the human eye can only see for 12 miles max , how come then i can see the cooley mountains from here then
30odd miles away .soon shut him up.  ;D ;D
cheers Neil

anto.

jags

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2017, 04:08:19 pm »
Well at last a pain free 35 miles  ;)
i used my road pedals and shoes worked great thanks heavens .
just mean taking shoes with me on a tour no big deal i suppose whatever works as the man said.

anto .

[Photo added by Dan on Anto's behalf]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:43:39 pm by Danneaux »

John Saxby

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2017, 06:36:27 pm »
The bike looks the business, Anto.  Good to hear that our road shoes & pedals worked, too.  I use my Sidi road shoes & Look pedals/cleats for touring -- haven't been able to find another setup that offers the same level of comfort.  On tour, I carry a pair of "Dawgs" -- lightweight slip-on rubber shoes similar to Crocs.  I also carry a pair of flexible covers for my cleats when I'm off the bike but still wearing the Sidis.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:38:09 pm by John Saxby »

jags

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 07:38:00 pm »
Yeah going to stick with what works.I will more than likely sell the nedw pedals and shoes.I have crocks but fing them to flat and my feet gets seriously hot in them not good.thanks Dan for the photo .

jags

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 01:52:16 pm »
Tough spin with the group this morning 36 miles 14mph average few hills thrown in, man i nearly died cold and crisp morning  got dropped 6 miles from home  well i sat up no point in killing meself  :'(
still good spin and the bike was class pity about the pilot tho.

anto.

bobs

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 03:11:31 pm »
Keep at it it will be worth it.

Bob

jags

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 05:39:36 pm »
If only Bob lol,my back problem gives me a lot of pain when the road starts to go up :'(,also there's a lot of 30 year olds in the group not moaning but makes a fella realize not as young as I once was ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 06:06:16 pm »
...also there's a lot of 30 year olds in the group...
Anto...

You're 30 with Experience.

;)

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:44 pm »
That's why I lasted as long as I did ;D

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 08:01:41 pm »
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."
-- David Mamet

;)

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:52 pm »
ah i enjoyed it Dan it was a lovely crisp frosty morning pity i didn't have time to take a few photos  country side looked beautiful .
got to remember all these lads were on there  carbon bikes  flying machines  i hung in there  best i could tho. ;)

RST Scout

• Janet
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 10:01:43 pm »
Smashing bike Anto. Love the blue bar tape. Really nice touch. You've got me thinking now.................. ::)
Scout & Bettina's slave!

jags

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 10:11:02 pm »
Thanks Jackie blue my favourite color and looks great with black the lads could not get over how well the new tiagra looked.overall I'm a happy camper .still haven't tried fitting racks or mudguards but I won't do that until I get the new tyres .cheers    anti.