Author Topic: Audax MK III. Brake Levers?  (Read 1915 times)

Planet X

Audax MK III. Brake Levers?
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:24:23 pm »
Hi,
Switching to regular brake levers on my Audax from STI's.
Fitting down tube shifters also. Did this move on my Surly DT and like this straight brake and DT shifter arrangement.

However................
choosing levers......I'm a bit confused whilst researching. On CR site, looking at Tektro RL 520 Drop bar levers, going through the Q and A's, I read that the CR guys reply to one Q that, they are not suitable for caliper brakes.
This is the Audax I bought off Leftpoole.

Are they wrong, the CR tech guys??

Also, on the SJS site, Dia Compe EVO-V drop bar levers............"designed for long arm cantilever and v brakes", so, can't use these either?

Someone put me right please  :)

Shimano 105 caliper brakes.

martinf

Re: Audax MK III. Brake Levers?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:42:19 pm »
However................
choosing levers......I'm a bit confused whilst researching. On CR site, looking at Tektro RL 520 Drop bar levers, going through the Q and A's, I read that the CR guys reply to one Q that, they are not suitable for caliper brakes.

Are they wrong, the CR tech guys??

Also, on the SJS site, Dia Compe EVO-V drop bar levers............"designed for long arm cantilever and v brakes", so, can't use these either?

Both those levers are for V-brakes.

Tektro RL340 are similar to RL520, but for ordinary cantilever and dual-pivot brakes. I have both models (on different bikes). Inexpensive and work OK.

Dia Compe EVO drop bar levers (without the V) should also be OK.