Author Topic: Rohloff Splined Sprockets (Ease of swapping)  (Read 19083 times)

rifraf

Re: Rohloff Splined Sprockets (Ease of swapping)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2017, 06:27:03 pm »
Hi Rif!

Could you get the gearing you need in the short term (for your upcoming tour) simply by swapping to a smaller chainring and shortening the chain?

No need to mess with the sprocket, and a quicker path to the lower gearing you desire. All could be made right in the fullness of time after your return.

All the best,

Dan.
Hi Dan,
I sent you a PM earlier but when I now look in my sent box, its not there.
Can you check your inbox for me?
I don't need a reply to it yet but would like to know if I need to rewrite it.
Disappointing if its gone into the ether as it was longwinded.

Regarding the chainring, I'm already maxed out on minimum teeth, sporting a 34T currently having quickly removed the original 38T that came with the cranks pictured above.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
I sent you a PM earlier but when I now look in my sent box, its not there.
Can you check your inbox for me?
Hi Rif!

Sure, good news is it's there! No need to re-write. I have it in my PM queue as well as a relayed copy via email (my belt-and-braces approach). Cue the collective <whew!> for I've had the same experience.  :o ??? :-\ :'( I have now taken to writing my PMs in Notepad or a similar text editor so I can just cut-and-paste. Saves time recreating in case there's a hiccup in the machine. It seems to be a connection issue with between local ISPs and the server. My browsers do not save a copy in their cache when the connection is reset. Disappointing.

I'm swamped at the moment but will answer soonest, probably in a shorter fashion than I'd prefer due to time. Nothing bad, just a lot of Real Life™ matters to deal with and they're all coming at once. The latest? I seem to have become a Committee of One tapped to fix a policy matter in the little coastal village where I have my tiny vacation cabin. I volunteered by standing still while everyone else took a step back. ;)

I have a large PM and email volume so I'll reply soon's I can, but it may be several days. If you don't hear back, please send me a tickler. :)

All the best,

Dan.

rifraf

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 06:55:22 pm »
Thats a relief Dan.

Drop it down to low priority as its merely something I've been meaning to get around to asking you.

Its for a long term plan and even then only conceptual at this stage.

I simply got a fright when it appeared to have vanished without trace from my end - lol.

Right tis nearly 2am here so I'm off to the land of nod.

Cheers