Community > Member's Gallery

Nomad evolution

<< < (2/21) > >>

Andre Jute:
That yellow is definitely worth waiting for.

jul:
Adding parts:

Two  "bbb"bottle cages XL size
a Thorn bracket bar mk2
a Surly 8 pack rack
Two Alpkit bags frame
a set of stainless steal bolts and nuts chainring
and an Axiom mirror !

Danneaux:
It all looks wonderful, Julien!

I can see your "vision" coming together, and it looks very good indeed.

Well done, looking forward to more.

All the best,

Dan.

jul:
The Nomad seems more confortable loaded than without weight

I think later i'll add more than this test..
So i'm worried about my Grizzly rims, maybe replace it for more resistant will be more reasonable and i could to leave with peace of mind..

Danneaux:

--- Quote ---I did a test loaded ! and my first feelings ... the Nomad is more confortable to drive loaded than no load.
--- End quote ---
In my experience, very much so! If I always rode mine heavily laden, I don't think I would have added the Thudbuster LT suspension seatpost. However, it has been a wonderful help for riding the bike unladen on terribly rough roads, so now i have the best of both worlds for my needs.  :)

--- Quote ---i found that kilograms add very easy and quicky...
--- End quote ---
Yes, indeed!

--- Quote ---...and i imagine to loaded more than this test, later on the road.
So i'm worried for later about my Grizzly rims, maybe replace it will be more reasonable.
--- End quote ---
<nods> If you find yourself consistently carrying heavy loads -- especially on rough roads -- then Andras would be a better choice than the Grizzlys. The Andras really do seem to be bulletproof.

As a point of reference, my gear is actually of reasonable weight. What really makes a difference is the extra water and food I must carry to be self-supporting for an extended period of time where outside resupply is not available. Depending on where you plan to travel, the same might be true for you, Julien.

The bike is looking very very nice "fully dressed".

All the best,

Dan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version