Author Topic: fitting for camera needed  (Read 3339 times)

jags

fitting for camera needed
« on: February 05, 2016, 11:06:10 am »
where would i get a fitting so as i could use my camera on my extension  bar .on the camera there a  threaded screw  fitting im sure all cameras have them.

thanks
jags

diapason

Re: fitting for camera needed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:22:47 am »
You can buy a clamp in a camera shop which is designed to fit on a roof bar or window rail of a car. Should be able to modify it, but bear in mind that you WILL get camera shake if you take pictures when riding along.  You'll need to use a fast shutter speed and therefore wider aperture.

jags

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 11:48:19 am »
cheers i was just going to use it for videos.

Bad Idea  :o  so.

Donerol

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:00:55 pm »
21 DIY Bike Camera Mounts

Use at your own risk! No.2 looks all right, though. You'll need a vibration-proof camera, though.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:03:15 pm by Donerol »

jags

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:23:32 pm »
 ;D some crazy ideas there right enough but i bet they all work.
i'll have a mooch around in me shed see if i can up with a plan.

mickeg

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:59 pm »
I have several Pedco Ultrapod I miniature tripods that I use on camping trips.  Do a google search.  They are only good for small light point and shoot type cameras.  Great for small tripod type use, but if you want a handlebar mount this is not what you want.

If you want a handlebar mount, try one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Handlebar-Mount-Tripod-For-Camera-DV-Contour-1-4-Screw-Clamp-Bracket-/201508136473
Shipping from asia can take a month.  I bought one but have not tried it yet.

The fitting on your camera should be a quarter inch coarse thread fitting, that is pretty much the standard for camera tripods.

If you try this on your bike, if it was me I would also strap on the camera strap in such a way that if the mount fails the camera will not fall all the way to the ground.  And would not fall to where it could lock up the front wheel.

jags

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 03:04:04 pm »
Cheers lads got sorted bought one for 20 euro nifty wee thing works great,
i done a test run up the street lashing rain as usual.
anyway video looks pretty good quality, but i have no idea how the hell u post it.
i plug in camera to computer box comes up to upload photos ok i done that  but where do i go from there . :o :o