Author Topic: Adamo saddles  (Read 4580 times)

in4

Adamo saddles
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:25:50 am »
Seasonal old chestnut I know but has anyone toured using one of these and if so which model. I'm suspecting a PCvMac type debate being re-awakened here but, well share your thoughts.

http://www.ismseat.com/help-choosing-saddles

energyman

Re: Adamo saddles
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »
May be not for naked male cyclists ?

Andre Jute

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:57 pm »
May be not for naked male cyclists ?

A saddle design by Torquemada...

in4

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »
Avoiding the obvious equine mirth bait!

jags

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:26:51 am »
are u having problems with numbness thats the only reason i'de chance one.

macspud

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 05:47:10 am »
I've not toured on one but do use an Adamo Peak on my mountain bike, it is comfortable, more so than most saddles I've tried.

in4

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 08:32:50 am »
I suspect my numbness together with some lower back pain suggests I need to review my entire cockpit. Might be just the excuse I need to get a new bike next year   :D Inbetween times I'll try moving my saddle and/or bars a little.
Viz a viz the Adamo ( don't know why Davy Crockett springs to mind!) the only downsides I've read so far are that there might be inner-thigh chaffing issues, the tail of the saddle slows the time trialists down a bit  ;) and there are limited places for attaching a saddle bag et. al. Hmm.

jags

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:36:40 pm »
I'm in the same boat lower back pain and  numbness ,right pain in the arse  :o
i have my saddle set at the same height as the bars , looks strange as it was always couple inches higher.
i feel comfortable on the bike but after  2 or 3 hours i have to start stretching ,guess im getting old. either that or i should ride more .

in4

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:54 pm »
Have a read of this article Jags, it might give you a few suggestions to think about.
http://roadcyclinguk.com/how-to/technique/six-symptoms-bad-bike-fit-fix.html/4#DoBXdm8Yk3DlrCZG.97

The idea of a saddle that is cut away in the right place seems like a good idea to me. I'll have to read more to see what the downsides are. I imagine without chamfered edges the cut away part might be uncomfortable.

Returning to back ache: I reckon I'm pushing against my back on the downstroke. Riding on the flat doesn't really cause discomfort, but throw in a few hills and I sure know about it then! I'm lucky not to have any underlying ailments so I should be able to resolve the issue without tablets, Fiery Jack, mustard compress' or Jack Daniels!

energyman

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »
I think I'm getting one for Christmas (family tradition - give some one something that they actually want themselves - I got a food mixer once !)
Are they good or are they just another saddle ?