Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 3333 times)

jags

Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »
Well if u can believe the guy when he says it hasn't be  out in 5 years then yes it's worth watching .when i sold my 2 Thorn bikes they were better than new so if that guy is been honest then yeah go for it.

good luck

jags.

mickeg

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »
If you get it you might want to do an oil changein the rear hub first thing.

It has a handlebar bracket on it for a handlebar bag, you might want to inquire about that.

The racks look like Blackburn, not Thorn racks.  Nothing wrong with them, just less weight capacity.  I have a set of the same front racks and a very similar rear rack.

It should include a S&S wrench.  You might want to inquire about that too.  Needed to loosen and tighten the couplings.  SJS could sell you a wrench if it has been lost.

onrbikes

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 04:26:50 am »
The other option is to contact the seller offer a good price and buy it beforehand. He is then able to remove it without any cost to him.

Heres how I bid for stuff if I really want something, that will sell on Ebay.
19 bids is how many bids and could be from the same few people.

Because many people have automatic bids set up, when you put a bid in you'll be instantly outbid because your bid is small and they have  much higher number set up.
Put the true figure you'd be willing to spend, i.e. £1003. Always put  a number slightly higher than a whole number in case someone has put in the whole number. This way you'll win.
Have your account ready, open, and your bid typed in. If you've never bid before, try it to now by placing a £5 bid. More than likely you'll be outbid but if the winning bidder doesn't come through or the item gets removed beforehand, you'll be notified.

So after having typed your bid in watch the countdown clock and when it hits 5 seconds press the bid now button with your full true price. Cross yours fingers and hope for the best.

Tell us how you went.

Donerol

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 10:38:29 am »
The other option is to contact the seller offer a good price and buy it beforehand. He is then able to remove it without any cost to him.

Seller states he is going to let the auction run to completion so this may not work.

So after having typed your bid in watch the countdown clock and when it hits 5 seconds press the bid now button with your full true price. Cross yours fingers and hope for the best.

It's more reliable to use sniping - there can be an appreciable delay from your home computer. I found this out the hard way.

onrbikes

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:02 pm »
That's another new word I learnt.

Interesting

[Fred, I restored the original thread title for continuity in searches and to preserve the table structure to distinguish new topics from followups. When replying to an existing topic, it is best to retain the original title for these reasons. Original posters can choose their own topic titles for others to respond to.  ;)  :) -- Best, Dan.]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:07:59 am by Danneaux »

onrbikes

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 04:19:29 am »
£1075.
It may seem expensive but I think its a good deal.

I bought a Thorn S/T for £1200 a couple of years ago.

Really depends how much you want one.

[Topic title restored -- Dan.]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:08:08 am by Danneaux »