Community > Muppets Threads! (And Anything Else)

Anyone fallen off recently?

(1/9) > >>

stutho:
Cycling home from work yesterday evening - along a road that I must have used at least 2000 times! My bike decided that that I had had enough of that particular stretch of road and decided to try the drainage ditch instead.  (Said road crosses a salt marsh and floods regularly)

Needless to say both the bike and myself were covered in mud, luckily however neither of us were damaged - other than my pride.  (I was probably travailing at 18 to 20 mph at the time so I really was lucky)

Reason for crash - Not looking where I was going - due to low sun.

Conclusion - I was a prize Muppet!

geocycle:
Unlucky, pleased the bike was OK -and you of course!  I often think that good weather with low sun and your thoughts elsewhere is more dangerous than the grotty stuff where you have to concentrate.

tynevalleycommuter:
Came off my mtb at Glentress forest in the Tweed valley the other weekend - was staying nearby and had a few hours to spare. Chose the blue(next to easiest!) route. Couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground climbing steep hairpins and went off over the steep downhill side - couldn't unclip in time so rolled down to the hairpin below. Fortunately nobody nearby to see my, felt like a real p*****k! Slight dent in the frame and a couple of bruises on hips, elbows but otherwise carried on for an enjoyable afternoon.

I put it down to changing my stem to a longer one the night before due to a stripped thread, which upset the fore/aft balance and made the front end a bit twitchy. Or maybe I just need a bit more practice on steep hairpins!

It's a great MTB centre for a visit if anybody is ever in the vicinity.

MOULTY:
Thankfully no,touch wood !!!!!!!!!!!1

;D ;D ;D ;D

john28july:

--- Quote from: MOULTY on December 20, 2007, 09:40:04 pm ---Thankfully no,touch wood !!!!!!!!!!!1

;D ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

Hello,
I was crossing a Canal bridge Sunday. The road was dirty wet and slippery. I only knew how slippery when my bike slid away from me with no warning. I went down. Through the rail at the side of the bridge went my arm. The rail rammed up into my armpit. My ribs hit the rail, then my head (with helmet) hit the rail-hard. The sound in my head was like a bomb going off. I could not believe that I was still alive. I was helped up by a number of passers by. I was really in a great deal of pain. Help was summoned by mobile phone. I and my bike (Thorn Club Tour) had to be taken home (15 miles) by a car!
Today Monday I am Black and blue up my left side. My kneck is really painful with 'whiplash' and my leg hurts.
For those who argue the use of helmets-my response is-I am alive or at least not unconcious in Hospital due to my wearing a helmet. The helmet is in need of replacement. It is a MET helmet and I know now that the helmet is stronger than it looks. The helmet has a dent in its side.
This is my first fall for over 11 Years and I certainly hope my last.
For those interested, my bike seems OK. The saddle is turned 45 degrees from straight and the left brake lever is damaged but thankfully everything else seems OK.
John........
www.pbase.com/john28july

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version