Author Topic: Water Bomb  (Read 2454 times)

AndyE

Water Bomb
« on: July 20, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »
On my daily commute to My Dad's this afternoons visit, I was water bombed by a passing motorist. Now I will join in with the kids on a hot day like today it is a lot of fun, but not when they are delivered at 40 MPH in the lower back >:( South Yorkshire Police have been informed. Rant over

Andy.
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire

David Simpson

Re: Water Bomb
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »
Wow. No one would consider doing that to a pedestrian in a city (it would be considered to be a form of assault), yet these people see a cyclist as an acceptable target. I hope the police take the matter seriously. Were you able to give the police a plate number or a description of the driver? Hopefully they can track down the car.

- DaveS

AndyE

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:36:16 pm »
When I realised what had happened the car was to far away. I had to put the policeman straight when he remarked and chuckling "i'm a cyclist , I would of enjoyed it on such a hot day"  that's after waiting in a queue on the 101 non emergency number. I can see why helmet cams are so common these days!

C'est la vie  :(

Andy
Doncaster in deepest South of Yorkshire

David Simpson

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:46:04 pm »
I can see why helmet cams are so common these days!

I regularly commute in city traffic, and I have a Rideye camera (http://www.rideye.com/) for that reason. When a incident happens, it happens so quickly that you don't have time to notice things like plate numbers.

Oh well, at least you weren't injured. But I know the frustrating feeling of knowing that they will probably get away with it.

- DaveS

David Simpson

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »
I had to put the policeman straight when he remarked and chuckling "i'm a cyclist , I would of enjoyed it on such a hot day"

I wonder how would the policeman would have responded if you had thrown a glass of water into his face when he said that. Would he have "enjoyed it on such a hot day"? Probably not. :)

- DaveS

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 08:29:59 pm »
Sympathy and all commiseration, Andy.

It has happened to me a few times, mostly with water, but sometimes solid objects. The boxfull of ball bearings was worst, as the impact was bad at 100kph, but even worse was trying to stay upright after. My back was sore for days, but it apparently provided amusement for the carload of uni-aged youth who tossed it.

Glad you weren't injured and did not fall, Andy. Startlinf, for sure and certainly unpleasant. I'm sorry.

All the best,

Dan.