Author Topic: Most Rohloff customers don't need to know where the nearest service agent is  (Read 7368 times)

Andre Jute

Mmm, now that John's brought up Wicklow, I think it was hillwalking in Co Wicklow that I saw part of a pathway that's supposed to be a hiking trail on which you can (again supposedly) walk from one end of Ireland to the other. We didn't actually walk on the trail -- that's the amateurs' easy option -- but IIRC those paths, at least back then, were said to be open to cyclists... The bits in Wicklow I saw were good and wide, cleared and signposted; bits I saw elsewhere over the years varied to outright rough, with Swiss tourists, who expect their countryside to be manicured, visibly turning up their noses at the carelessness of our Tourist Board. Do you know anything about it, Anto? I imagine that if it were a serious cycling project, we'd long ago have heard about it here, because there used to be some posters who regularly made bike tours in Ireland; as far as I know, theirs were all tarmac tours.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:20:33 am by Andre Jute »

jags

don't know much about that part of the country Andre it is a very popular place for tourists and mountainbikers and hill walkers .

John Saxby

Thanks, guys, that's very useful info.  It's a loooong time since I visited those parts, too long, and I'd like to do so again, this time with my Raven. 

jags

great touring along the wild atlantic way john stunning scenery as long as the sun comes out.