Author Topic: [STOLEN] Thorn Nomad Mk2  (Read 2200 times)

anderswesthoff

[STOLEN] Thorn Nomad Mk2
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:03 pm »
Got my Thorn Nomad MK 2 stolen last weekend in Stockholm where i live. Close to Sandbacksgatan 5 (Söder). Have had it for 4 years and probably got to sloppy cause i didn't lock it to a nonremovable object. Please keep an eye out for anyone selling one of these used. I'll get back to you in with serialnumber on frame and hub. Attached a picture of it fully loaded, -it was stolen without packs. So sad that this happened. ALWAYS lock your bike to an object thats non-removeble (solid to the ground).
Take care out there and polease let me know if you see one of these for sale.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
Re: [STOLEN] Thorn Nomad Mk2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »
So sorry to hear this, Anders! Even the best locks and locking strategy won't completely stop thieves, ... the only way that thievery will stop is when the thieves stop - that's where the real blame belongs!

For sure, keep an eye on ebay!

mickeg

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:41:05 pm »
Start watching the used market for the bike in nearby regions.  A friend of mine was saying his daughter's bike was stolen and a day later it was listed on the internet for sale.  She called the police but without proof of ownership, the police did nothing.

Watch for the Rohloff on Ebay or other places that used stuff are sold too.

onrbikes

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:00:23 pm »
You can also notify Rohloff.
If the hub ever resurfaces at a dealer for repairs, it gets sent back to you, the rightful owner.

Small consolation for a bigger loss.