Community > Member's Gallery

North American Thorn Owners (NATO) Photo Album

<< < (5/5)

Istanbul_Tea:
LOL!!  Hoogie- Don't feel bad about folks not knowing where NZ is... most Americans don't know who the president of the US is and cannot find their own State on a US map.

They can tell you where the nearest McDonalds is located or Ben and J-Lo's current marriage plans and even last years Superbowl champion BUT usually are clueless about anything meaningful or relevent.  

Mario:
I found The German Tourist Story heart-warming. Normally they are portrayed as a bit thick, wearing Lederhosen and constantly eating Sauerkraut. But I liked the (by now very old) story where an American comes to Stuttgart to buy himself direct from the factory a brand-new, beautiful Mercedes because he had wanted and saved up for one all his life. Being aware of the way the Gs. drive with no speed limit on their Autobahns,  fast and aggressive on other roads he has his baby carefully wrapped and crated and shipped from Stuttgart direct to New York and he accompanies it on the Liner. On arrival he oversees the unpacking of the Merc., tries out all the buttons and carefully drives down to the quayside. And just as he accelerates with happiness in his heart, there is a great big crash and he is hit by a car. He sits there, stunned. The other driver winds his down window and shouts: Ja koennen Sie denn nicht aufpassen?!!

The English actually know where NZ is because lots of them go there on holiday (at least four of my friends are there now), but it is possible that they believe they are going to some island in the Med., although the fares would appear rather steep.
Nobody knew where the Falklands were - somewhere north of the Hebrides?? -
And the world has become a better place since England is Rugby world champion.
Hoogie, if you see my friends give them my regards. (Earlier on this year in LA I was ask if I knew Mrs Gerstenhauer, she also lives in London)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version