Author Topic: Snack Bag Recommendation Needed  (Read 9580 times)

John Saxby

Re: Snack Bag Recommendation Needed
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »
Andy, Revelate Designs (in Alaska, no less) have a huge range of frame-handlebar-seat-etc bags.  Their online ship website is temporarily down for re-stocking, but Bike Touring News is one of their online suppliers in the US.  Here's a link to the Revelate bags at BTN:

http://store.biketouringnews.com/categories/bicycle-bags-and-panniers/revelate-designs-frame-bags.html

There's a "Fuel Bag" in that selection which might suit, but it's not cheap at USD 55 + shipping.

I just bought a "Tangle" frame bag that fits beneath the top tube, between the downtube & seat tube, and from that, they appear to be very high quality in materials and assembly. The mountain-bike guys in these parts praise Revelate products.

Hope this is useful--good luck. 

julk

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 06:50:17 pm »
+1 for Revelate.
I use a Tangle Bag and a Sweet Roll when cycle camping.
Great quality, light weight and lots of function built in.

Aushiker

• Aushiker: Bicycling and Bushwalking in Western Australia
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 05:28:16 am »
Another option and local to the UK is Alpkit who make numerous bags including a Stem Cell which attaches to the stem and can be easily accessible whilst riding.

Andrew

Templogin

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »
Revelate seems to ring a bell, but the problem is the shipping, duties and handling charges usually make anything bought from the States painfully expensive.  I have a few spyderco knives, which came from the US and got caught in customs here :(

jags

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »
ah i wouldn't be to fussy on a  snack bag your local bikeshop should have something to suit or better still chainreaction cycles free postage to any part of the world .. ;)

anto

julk

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 09:43:49 pm »
Revelate is available in the UK from http://www.backcountrybiking.co.uk/
the prices are still painfully expensive, but no hidden or unexpected charges.