Author Topic: Sad day: "Didi" Senft retires from Tour superfandom  (Read 1674 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Sad day: "Didi" Senft retires from Tour superfandom
« on: November 08, 2014, 06:50:19 am »
Hi All!

Those of you who have watched the Tour de France and Giro d'Italia the last 20 or so years will have seen Dieter "Didi" Senft, the "Red Devil" of those races. His health has been failing and with a reduction in sponsorship, he can no longer afford to follow the tours.

If you've always been curious about this fixture at the Classics, most questions are answered here:
http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cycling/tour-de-france-devil-hangs-trident?adbid=10152858349476670&adbpl=fb&adbpr=24470421669&cid=socNews_20141107_35223057

I wish the Tour organizers could pay his expenses to continue but when I see how energetically he chased the racers, I can see why he's retiring.

Best of luck. Didi; you'll be missed.

Dan.

jags

Re: Sad day: "Didi" Senft retires from Tour superfandom
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »
Dan my son Noel got a great photo of Didi and himself on one of the mountain stages, he said Didi was a headcase but a nice guy .
he will be missed for sure, a lot of guys jumped on the bandwagon trying to best Didi but they never came close.
Fairwell Didi you certainly brightened up many a dull stage.

jags

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 06:00:05 pm »
Even the devil has to put his feet up sometime. Do I spy a new vocation for Richie :)
Chapeau Didi
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:08:38 pm »
Do I spy a new vocation for Richie
Yes, most certainly.

All the best,

Dan.