Thorn Cycles Forum
Private Classified => Bikes For Sale => Topic started by: playlord on August 12, 2026, 03:21:45 PM
-
Haven't ridden for almost 2 years now because of health problems. No point leaving the bike in the shed forever. I'll arrange a courier if you buy it. I am 5.11 with 30" inside leg and it fits me well.
Pics attached. Limit upload is 4. Let me know if you want more specific ones taken or the pics emailed in higher res.
A search tells me the going price is between £700 and £1000, depending on condition. It will need an oil change so am happy to deduct the cost of the kit from the final price. Topeak bag and rack included; those are the only changes I've made. Saddle and grips original.
Many thanks.
Joe
-
Pics attached. Limit upload is 4. Let me know if you want more specific ones taken or the pics emailed in higher res.
Excellent photos you've posted, Joe, and you're welcome to post more.
The limit upload is four per post, so another post would net you another four photos, and so on.
Best of luck on the sale,
Dan.
-
Do you know whar frame size it is, Joe? Usually stamped into the frame, under the BB.
-
Joe's photographs remind me how much I loved that biplane fork...
-
Joe's photographs remind me how much I loved that biplane fork...
Interesting - why?
I changed mine to a shorter Thorn steel fork as that design of fork was too long for me.
-
Thanks All. Will get that frame size tomorrow and post.
All the best.
Joe
-
Size is 537L.
Thanks for moving this, Danneaux.
Best wishes
Joe
-
Joe's photographs remind me how much I loved that biplane fork...
Interesting - why?
I answered Andy's question in new thread "On the biplane crown: what does it add to the bike's stiffness?" at
https://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index.php?action=post;msg=117250;topic=15757.0