Author Topic: Flat Pedals - By Request  (Read 1550 times)

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
Flat Pedals - By Request
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:18:47 pm »
Had a few members on here ask me for VP-191 pedals, have now started to stock these http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/vp-191-trekking-urban-pedals-prod34003/ we have plenty in stock at the moment.

Andre Jute

Re: Flat Pedals - By Request
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 03:43:20 pm »
Posterity will bless you, Dave, but I doubt you'll get rich out selling VP-191: They're cheap at the price and they last forever. They're fitted by a whole raft of upmarket German Baukasten (builders of semi-custom bikes) and available for a much higher price under a variety of boutique names, all for good reason. The only thing one can say against them is that they're a bit small under size 12 double-welted street shoes, but those who come to the VP-191 from clip-ins, egg beaters, and suchlike won't even notice, and anyhow, there are no bigger pedals of the same class that are as good. They have the very desirable safety feature of amber reflectors in the sides of the rubber blocks, a good cycling-signature device.

Declaration of interest: I have several pairs, some of them paid for with my own money, some of them gifts from among others Trek Benelux (sent when I complained about the dire quality of the much fancier and horridly expensive pedals fitted as standard to a pricey bike -- it turned out the less expensive but vastly superior VP was what the insiders rode on...).

Tried. Proven. Highest personal recommendation.