Author Topic: Vitamins  (Read 4914 times)

NZPeterG

• It's Great to Be Alive! Again! Go Cycle. . . . . .
    • Kiwi Pete's Cycling Safari
Re: Vitamins
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »
great your fully recover pete have a great christmas. ;)

Thanks and the same to You  :)

Pete.....
 ;)
The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common[

http://kiwipetesadventures.tumblr.com/

http://kiwipetescyclingsafari.blogspot.co.nz/

Looked after by Chris @ http://www.puresports.co.nz/
For all your Rohloff and Thorn Bicycle's in NZ

No

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 03:56:49 am »
Just thought I would put one up in the mumpets folder as it is a quiet day?

Just wondered who on here takes vitamins and whether you think they do anything?

I take:

Glucosamine
Omega oil

I have a bad elbow from a historic acident and feel these certainly help.

Multivitamin
Mini aspirin
Garlic tablet

Not sure if these do anything but guess they cant hurt! Especially the last one with living so close to Transalvania - lol

Andy

The best thing for your joints depends on the person I think. Some people get relief from golden raisins soaks in gin until the gin evaporates (look up the peoples pharmacy). Didn't work for me but it may for you. You can also try goat butter, if you can get it unpasteurized from a reputable source that would be best. Plain old pasteurized goat butter works for me.
Gelatin also helps. You can get it in organic form but I'm not sure if that matters or not in this case.

Also, make sure you're filtering fluoride out of you water if it's there naturally or put in by the city. Along with a load of nasty health effect, including lowering your IQ (dozens of studies show this effect and some even at low doses. Some people are more effected by it than others and when it's in the water you can't meter the dose. Then there's the problem where not all fluoride is equally toxic, some being far worse than others.), and even causing cancer (look up "fluoride causes cancer" on you-tube to get an interesting video of a Doctor proclaiming this rather bluntly), it can also calcify soft tissues in your joints and in your pineal gland (look up Nobel prize winner Aarvid Caarlson, whose name I've probably spelled wrong on the pineal gland issue.).

I had knee pain for years until I started filtering those things out.[language edit -- Dan] You need an activated alumina filter and a good carbon filter after it to filter out any alumina that gets into the water. I'd recommend the CuZn brand but there are others.

Make sure your fish oil is from a reputable source like Carlson's. Some of it is contaminated. The Norwegian cod liver oil is supposed to be the cleanest. Krill oil is the new thing though. You may try it out. It's supposed to be cleaner and more sustainable than fish oil.

Multi-vitamins, except for a rare and expensive few, should be avoided. Most have something in them that's not quite right, whether it's the thiamine mono-nitrate form of B1 that does nothing to nourish your body but does build up in the liver potentially causing some liver problems, to using fake ingredients, they tend not to be that good. Plus they don't have all of the  peripheral substances that are needed to absorb them properly.

You should really get most of your nutrition from food. Grass fed beef, lots of organic vegetables, stay away from GMO's etc. (look up glyphosate causes cancer for more info on that. Also, formaldehyde in GMO corn. You ought to just see the nutritional difference between GMO corn and regular corn. It's extreme to say the least.). Stay away from gluten too. It's pretty bad for your for a lot of reasons. So is soy.

Use Himilayan rock salt or Orsa salt instead of regular chemical made salt.

There's much more, but your entire diet is important. It's not really a matter of just adding this or taking away that in most cases.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:21:02 pm by Danneaux »

No

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 04:00:14 am »
Any time I've got a sore throat - big dose of vitamin C for the next day or two. Don't know whether it works but I've not had a sore throat develop into a cold for the past 5-6 years (except that one time I was in Tasmania on a tour and didn't have any Vit C), and I've watched the rest of the family get nasty colds in that time.

Look up Linus Pauling's book, "How to Liver Longer and Feel Better" I think it is.

No

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 04:01:21 am »
Well after getting a little ill this year in Africa  ::)
My Doctor (from the U.S.A.) in Kenya had me on "Centrum" Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement.
So after recovering i'm still taking them  ;)

Pete.....
 :o

Centrum won't even dissolve in stomach acid. Seriously.