Community > Rohloff Internal Hub Gears

Lost top gears after replacing back tyre - how do I get them back ?

<< < (3/3)

PH:

--- Quote from: CycleTourer on April 25, 2022, 08:33:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: swayzak on April 25, 2022, 07:18:31 pm ---PS What's the connection between adjusting the EX box / shifter to get full gear range back, and the EBB ??

--- End quote ---

None, except that Thorn/SJS supplies a 3-in-1 tool that can do both, and this tool is a handy thing to keep in your saddle bag along with your multitool.

--- End quote ---
Each to their own, but that's a big lump of tool to carry around if you don't need to, and has been said by myself and others, you don't need a spanner if your gears are out of synch with the shifter. 

swayzak:

--- Quote from: PH on April 26, 2022, 01:22:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: swayzak on April 25, 2022, 07:18:31 pm ---PS What's the connection between adjusting the EX box / shifter to get full gear range back, and the EBB ??

--- End quote ---

None, except that Thorn/SJS supplies a 3-in-1 tool that can do both, and this tool is a handy thing to keep in your saddle bag along with your multitool.

--- End quote ---
Each to their own, but that's a big lump of tool to carry around if you don't need to, and has been said by myself and others, you don't need a spanner if your gears are out of synch with the shifter.

--- End quote ---

I didn't for my issue - just turned shifter to the lowest gear,  removed the EX box, rotate shifter to 1, reassembled and then had all 14 gears back.

mickeg:

--- Quote from: PH on April 26, 2022, 01:22:37 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I agree, generally no need to carry.

But, if you have S&S couplers, you should carry something that can tighten a coupler if it gets loose. 
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tools/thorn-s-and-s-5-in-1-spanner-wrench-special-coupling-eccentric-tool/

I have a cheap wrench made in asia that will tighten a coupler (also has 15mm open end for pedal or eccentric) instead of carrying the Thorn wrench.  But I am sure that some people carry the Thorn wrench instead.  I wanted to make sure that I did not lose the Thorn wrench, so I bought the cheap asian one to carry.

Mike Ayling:

[/quote]

It took me a while to realise that the two cap screws on the end were to rotate the ebb with!

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version