Author Topic: Round The World Cycle Trip  (Read 16454 times)

Adrian

• Administrator
Re: Round The World Cycle Trip
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 02:38:07 pm »
admin test

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:42 am »
Hi all,

Unfortunately for some unknown reason page 2 of this thread is bugged and unreachable.  Both Adrian and myself have tried to fix or recover the posts - but without success.  We will keep on trying.

Stutho   

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 12:24:31 pm »
Technical error happened (I think) after I tried to upload a photo... Doh.  I'm currently in Vieng Vian, got here after a tough three day slog over the mountains, which included a combined climb of 1600 meters in one day.  I'll update my blog at www.acousticmotorbike.com tomorrow with text and photos.  Bike running well after recent new rear hub.

Aidan

kingoftheworld

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 04:38:29 pm »
Technical error happened (I think) after I tried to upload a photo... Doh.  I'm currently in Vieng Vian, got here after a tough three day slog over the mountains, which included a combined climb of 1600 meters in one day.  I'll update my blog at www.acousticmotorbike.com tomorrow with text and photos.  Bike running well after recent new rear hub.

Aidan

Hi Aidan,
Been following your blog for a while now. I even splashed out the money on an Exped down mat as you raved about it. Was a great buy!
What happened to your "old" rear hub?

I'm nearly ready for the off on my adventure. Can't wait :)

All the best
Simon

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44:03 am »
Hi Simon,
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Exped, great piece of kit. 
My rear hub packed up in Chiang Mai, Thailand and I had to get parts shipped over from Thorn (I put a post about it under the General Banner on the forum).  It's great to be back moving again after my time off the bike in India / Nepal / India although the last few weeks in the mountains have been tough due to my excess bodyweight...

Good look with your trip.
Aidan

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 04:27:56 pm »
Hi all, I'm back in Thailand after a couple of challenging weeks in the "very steep" hills of Laos.  Managed to do 122km today and the temp peaked at 42c (107.6 F), bloody hot for an Irishman.

I'm meeting up with my mate Mark tomorrow, who I cycled with from Munich to Istanbul.  He had more sense than me and flew from there to Thailand where he's now teaching English.  We then cycle down through Thailand / Malaysia / Singapore.  I hope the rain comes before my blood boils...!

All the best,
Aidan

Latest blog can be found here:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=RrzKj&page_id=142234&v=3

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
Round The World Cycle Trip, Trans-Am
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 05:48:08 pm »
I'm currently in the US, I flew to London at the end of April to attend my God daughters Holy Communion and then cycled from London to Holyhead and spent a couple of weeks in Ireland.  I flew to NY on 6th June and got the train to Richmond, Virginia and rode from there to Yorktown to start the Trans Am Coast to Coast route to Oregon.

My laptop broke when I got here, so I sent it to friends in Fort Collins, Colorado (where I am at the minute), so here are a couple of photos I've taken in the last few weeks.  I'll try and get around to updating my blog soon.

Aidan

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:58:55 pm by acousticmotorbike »

john28july

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 06:03:22 pm »
BRILLIANT pictures! Thank you. Real America.
John

baisius

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 11:36:12 pm »
Great pictures! Great journey!

Paulius

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:58 pm »
I've just entered Wyoming and the weather has been pretty rotten the last three days.  The bike is running well and I had a great tailwind today before getting caught in a heavy storm.  Photo's of today's ride below.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:42:48 pm by acousticmotorbike »

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 04:44:55 am »
A few more photos from my ride through Wyoming today.

john28july

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 10:02:48 am »
Absolutely brilliant. They make my pictures look feeble.
John.

StuWW

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:53 am »
Hi Aidan

Read all about your ride on Crazyguy and was one of the inspirations for my www.midlifecyclist.me.uk adventure.

Nice to see your cycling behind me now  ;) as I'd have never caught you up! I finished the Trans Am three weeks ago and I'm now in Canada on R&R, about to set off on the Pacific Coast route South.

Enjoy the rest of the Trans Am it's such a great ride, lovin the photos.

Regards

Stu

http://www.midlifecyclist.me.uk
Subscribe to Mid Life Cyclist by Email
Cycling across the USA to raise money for Shelterbox
Donate via  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartWoolger
Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/stuwitterer

acousticmotorbike

• aidanpedreschi
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »
Hi Stu,
Congrats of finishing the Trans Am, I'm stuck in Missoula with a dodgy knee at the moment and have been keeping off the bike for the last week.  My 90 day Visa Waiver is up on the 4th Sept, so I'm going to have to jump on a bus to Seattle on Monday as I've also got to go to Redmond and visit the Hilleberg factory as I need them go have a look at the zips on my tent.  Things are starting to fall apart after two years on the road!

I'll be back in the US on 6th Sept (if the buggers let me back in on another Visa Waiver) and I'll be following you down the West Coast.  If I don't see, best of luck!
Aidan