Author Topic: Brooks issue a new Despatch/Bugle/10% discount for 24 July 2012  (Read 1956 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Hi All!

Brooks have issued a new Despatch/Bugle today:
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=779d0fc02cc4843db052687bf&id=e949f9f1f0&e=9fe9e6dc64

There's an opportunity to deduct 10% from their online store if you complete a survey. The link to the survey is here:
http://brooksengland.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=779d0fc02cc4843db052687bf&id=b1279bdce1&e=9fe9e6dc64
Please note, their online store will be closed 27th July to the 15th of August, so you will need to place any orders before then.

Lots new in this issue...
= A new Union Jack Swallow limited edition saddle in red, white, or blue in a special box.
= Some of their canvas bags are now made in Tuscan Italy (as well as the usuall leather stuff in Manchester as well as Birmingham).
= Brooks have signed on with a 3-year L’Eroica sponsorship deal.
= There's the usual updates to the Blog and Cinema section, with rider reports on the new organic saddles.
= A vintage redux of Paris-Brest-Paris on classic road bikes from the 1930s (with photos! An homage to Hubert Oppermann; Australians take note!).
= Riding the cobbles of Flanders.
= Brooks at the London Nocturne (penny-farthing and Folder enthusiasts take note).
= Oooh! A presentation of the Hampstead Holdall for over-shoulder carry or mounting to a rear rack.

Interesting stuff. Enjoy!

Best,

Dan.

jags

Re: Brooks issue a new Despatch/Bugle/10% discount for 24 July 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:24:07 pm »
all this gear is aimed at the yuppies of the cycling world  :'(

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Brooks issue a new Despatch/Bugle/10% discount for 24 July 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:43:57 pm »
all this gear is aimed at the yuppies of the cycling world  :'(
Well, sadly, I can't afford to shop there...

But it is still fun to read about what they have on offer. Kinda like window-shopping on the High Street. I also do the same with some of the bike shops in neighboring towns. I visited a couple up the Valley north of me recently and saw a Giant TCR Advanced SL 0...on sale at USD$10,329. :o That's £6,661.87! Lovely, but the poor thing had no way to carry panniers and camping gear...pity. I just had to pass.

I think it is worth noting the really incredible deal one gets on Brooks saddles when added at the time of a bike order from Thorn. I've never seen a better price or deal, and if one was ever even considering a Brooks, that is the time to get one.  A great incentive to place an order for that dream Thorn... ;) Far less than £6,661.87, and you can carry panniers!

Best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:12:47 am by Danneaux »