Private Classified > Bikes For Sale

Thorn Raven Nomad Mk 2 565L with Rohloff hub - Now Sold

(1/3) > >>

Vendor tom:
This was my father’s hardly used Thorn, that he bought in 2011, intending to tour Europe.  Sadly he died a few months later before he managed to make it across the channel. We think he did less than 100 miles on it and it has not been used since.

The frame size is 565L (virtual seat tube length).  It’s too small for me, but it is a wonderful touring bike.  It is a bright yellow 969 steel frame with Thorn steel forks and S&S couplings for easy transport and stowage.  With Thorn pannier racks front and rear

Gearing is a Rohloff Speedhub, 14 speed hub gear at the rear and it has a Schmidt SON 28 Dynamo hub on the front, powering a Scmidt Edelux high power headlight.  

The bike cost over £2,800 when he bought it and is hardly used.  The full spec is below and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Frame: Thorn Raven Nomad Mk 2 S&S – Thorn 969 Co Mo Steel
Fork:   Thorn rigid steel
Gears;  Rohloff 500/14 - 14 speed hub gear
Brakes:  Shimano Deore M590 v brakes
Chainset: Thorn 170mm
Front hub: Schmidt SON 28 Dynamo hub
Rims:  Rigida Andra 30 26” 32 hole
Tyres:  Panaracer Pasela Tourguard 26x 1.75
Seat post:Suspension seatpost
Saddle:Lookin Xsenium
Pedals:SPD pedals (not shown in photographs, but will be included)

I am looking for £1,950 ono. I am based in Bristol, more photos available via email if required.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind messages.  I have updated the price as I think got it wrong before and I'm sorry for any confusion.

Danneaux:
My! That's a lovely example, and very nicely photographed by you.

I have a feeling it won't be too long before it finds a happy home!

I'm very sorry for your loss and realize putting such things up for sale cannot be easy, as they bring back happy memories and also loss; my condolences.

Best,

Dan.

silverdorking:
Hi there, would be keen for a contact to discus,
Thanks Andrew

JimK:
That sure looks like a brand new and beautiful bike! What a sad story that causes it to appear here. I hope these projects, Tom, help to connect you to community and resources so you can celebrate more fully your father's accomplishments and dreams.

Drewwin:
Hi Tom

Is the Thorn still available? 

And is the rear hub the disc compatible version?

I'm planning to cycle through Europe myself next year so perhaps your dad's bike may get to do the journey he planned for it.  I would like to come and see it if possible.

Would you be able to send me a message with some contact details to arrange a day/time that would be convenient - this weekend perhaps?
Thanks,
Drew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version