Author Topic: New, New Raven Owner  (Read 11647 times)

moodymac

Re: New, New Raven Owner
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:25 pm »
Thank you Frog Prince,

I was thinking along the lines of 565s, but now realize I was pretty far off.

Much appreciated,

Tom

FrogPrince

• 60-something and loving it.
    • Cycle Somerset
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 05:40:49 pm »
1000 miles done!
I love the Click-Stand
The Bike Alarm on the seat post is a bit of a toy :-)  It cost £2.70 inc. postage from China! I do have a much heavier lock and cable to use in high- risk situations ....not needed when out with the club.

What you can't see is the USB-Werk fixed to the steerer. It keeps my battery hungry, big-screened, Memory Map GPS charged up all day leaving about 80% left in the battery when I get home. It's going to be perfect on tour.........and I can charge my other bits and pieces.
I now have a full set of luggage ....front, back and bar bag. I'll show a picture when it's loaded up for my next trip in the spring.

I was trying to describe the difference between riding this and my 700c hybrid to a friend recently and I came up with this -

When on the hybrid I feel 'ON' the bike ......i.e. on top of it and a bit unstable.
On the Thorne I feel 'IN' the bike ....i.e. lower Cof G ,very stable and just at one with the machine  ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:45:50 pm by FrogPrince »
Sell your Clothes but keep your thoughts.

Andre Jute

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 06:09:58 pm »
I was trying to describe the difference between riding this and my 700c hybrid to a friend recently and I came up with this -

When on the hybrid I feel 'ON' the bike ......i.e. on top of it and a bit unstable.
On the Thorne I feel 'IN' the bike ....i.e. lower Cof G ,very stable and just at one with the machine  ;)

Excellent organic description of the difference between a perfectly good bike and a great bike.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »
Oh, boy -- pittsures!  ;D

The bike is looking fantastic, and so nice to see the updates. Thorn's red always looks so nice in photos and you've set yours up beautifully.

So glad to hear all is working out so well with it, and you've become "one" when riding. Nothing better!

Thanks for sharing, and very much looking forward to future installments and photos.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013, 07:23:06 pm »
What a class looking bike great when you have a bike thats set up to perfection as you said just like been part of the bike no efford needed 8)