Author Topic: My new RST  (Read 9397 times)

sg37409

Re: My new RST
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 11:33:11 pm »
I like the bar-ends. Do you find you use these much ?

tintintin

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

Yes, quite a bit - good in a head wind or just when you want to cane it and it just makes a change if nothing else. I used to have a syntace c2 clip on my Hewitt Audax and that was just perfect for long distances, but these do the job just fine.

Andybg

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 06:23:19 am »
What are your opinion of the Kojaks? They seem to get good reviews on the www but it would be nice for some first hand experience.

It was one of the options I was looking at in making a fast(ish) audax bike out of a xtc.

Andy

tintintin

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 12:35:44 am »
Andy,

The best I have ever ridden on IMO.

These are 1.35 " slicks pumped to 4.5 bar but they can go to 6.5 bar if your rims can take it.

V. Light, V.comfortable, V. Fast - I would argue they feel as quick as skinny road tires, but with a little more padding. They are even as light as some much smaller road tires.

I rode the wettest 80 miles I have ever done last year (6 hours in constant downpour) and they always felt planted and tracked.

1000 + road miles with just two punctures ! ( Damn it! I should not have said that! There goes the next day out!) , cant comment on tracks or off road, but I don't think they are really intended for that use for any period.

I personally will not change these now and have even fitted the bike with narrower mudguards !

Let me know if you decide to do it.

Will

tintintin

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:42 pm »
Been a while since my last post and done a few mods - A new Saddle - Cobb Jof 55 which is excellent, some Aero bars (because I missed them). I was too too damn windy and cold to get out today so it was afternoon in the conservatory which my wife is so very happy about.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 05:20:08 pm »
Aw, what a marvelous "go-fast" RST, and a great place to ride it virtually if not on the roads! Cover, nice glassed-in view, and the telly not far away to help the trainer miles go by.

Altogether a lovely scene and a lovely bike. It is looking so very nice; all good wishes for many happy rides together in this, its latest configuration.

Best,

Dan.

tintintin

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »
I meant IT was too damn windy rather than I was too damn windy  :)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 07:18:07 pm »
I figured...

:D

All the best,

Dan.