Author Topic: Go faster red (I hope)  (Read 7337 times)

julk

Re: Go faster red (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:49:21 pm »
loverley ;D

Andre Jute

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:21 pm »
Fire Engine Red. It does look faaaaast.

jags

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:19 am »
thats a real beauti enjoy. 8)

jags.

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 07:20:07 am »
Excellent looking bike.
Looks fast.
Thanks for posting
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Audax hopeful

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:39:05 am »
Got to be the best colour - same as mine!!!

Does it go faster?? Well, yes, of course! Generally when the winds behind me and the gradient is going down!

Mostly though it just looks inspiring - and if it gets you out it's definitely faster than staying at home!

Nich

in4

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 09:01:29 am »
..and bar-end shifters too; none of that STI sorcery.  ;)

leftpoole

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 10:24:47 am »
Hello
Apart from those massive handlebars, the bike looks great!
I had a red one and it absolutely went faster than any other colour bike I have owned. So ENJOY!
Regards,
John

fram

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »
Thanks all the friendly posts.  I had hoped to put the piccie straight on rather than a link…still learning.  Off on a mini tour (Oban, Arran, Islay, Colonsay, Oban - mainly ferries!) for a few days at the weekend.  All very exciting.

jags

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 08:38:32 pm »
enjoy hope the weather is kind to both bike and pilot.

jags.

meant to ask are you camping what kinda weight  will you be carrying.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:40:13 pm by jags »

CWM

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:09:45 pm »
Very nice.  I ended up with two red thorns, both second hand and just red perchance, but I am very happy with them. My Audax started life as a drop bar but I changed it to flat bars and I'm loving it, as they say. hopefully photo attached.

CWM

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:31 pm »
And what I should also say is that I bought my red Audax frame and forks from Leftpoole, though it might not be the only one he has ever had.  here is a photo of my red and a friend's black Audax, on our jaunt from Perth to Buckinghamshire this year. Both frames bought from John Leftpoole! Hope you have a good trip.  Colonsay a family favourite with us, been more times than I can remember.  Great place.

leftpoole

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 08:59:26 am »
And what I should also say is that I bought my red Audax frame and forks from Leftpoole, though it might not be the only one he has ever had.  here is a photo of my red and a friend's black Audax, on our jaunt from Perth to Buckinghamshire this year. Both frames bought from John Leftpoole! Hope you have a good trip.  Colonsay a family favourite with us, been more times than I can remember.  Great place.

Oh those flat bars!!! How about reading the small print? Drop bars for 'horses for courses'....
John (smile)

leftpoole

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 09:02:18 am »
And what I should also say is that I bought my red Audax frame and forks from Leftpoole, though it might not be the only one he has ever had.  here is a photo of my red and a friend's black Audax, on our jaunt from Perth to Buckinghamshire this year. Both frames bought from John Leftpoole! Hope you have a good trip.  Colonsay a family favourite with us, been more times than I can remember.  Great place.

Only ever had 2 red Audax
John
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:43:28 am by leftpoole »

bikerta

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 08:27:49 pm »
My Audax started life as a drop bar but I changed it to flat bars and I'm loving it, as they say. hopefully photo attached.

I really like the look of the flat bars on the bike. I took another ride out on my Dawes the other day and realised how much faster that bike is than my Sherpa, but again the shoulder started to hurt after 20 miles or so. I had to give the Dawes another try after riding the Sherpa for so many miles and I loved the way the bike kept the momentum up the hills, but hated the riding position. I guess I just don't like drop bars and an Audax like that would be perfect as a second bike!!