Author Topic: Warmshowers Visitor  (Read 2008 times)

Andybg

Warmshowers Visitor
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:33:17 pm »
I just thought I would post this link to a video of a warmshowers guest we had earlier this year of when he travelled through Bulgaria. He has quite a few other videos worth looking at too.

Some really interesting things to note is that before this journey he was not a cyclist. The bike that got him this far (about 5000km) cost him 80 pounds off ebay whaich he then recouped 50 of it by selling the panniers he got with it. Also all the video taking / editing and uploading to the web was all done from his iphone while he was travelling.

Certainly an intresting and driven guy searching for adventure.

Hope you enjoy (there are even some shots of my Thorn bikes in there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcf3rJi_gGw

Regards

Andy

Erudin

Re: Warmshowers Visitor
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:50:02 pm »
Thanks for posting, the video was great, you sure are a good host!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »
Thanks so much for posting this, Andy, and letting us see a bit of your world through your guest's eyes!

My, you get my top rating for Warmshowers Host of the Year, Andy; nicely done and a real heart-warmer.

All the best to you and M.,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »
 fantastic Andy you just went up a couple notches in my book  ;D ;D fair play to you ,are you still in contact with  that lad he seemed a right nice chap. ;)
going to pop back to utube now and have a look at the rest of his stuff thanks for posting.

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:59:50 pm »
We get updates from him now and then, He is doing something with someone famous or infamous at the moment and he has promised us an update sometime soon!!!

I will let you know when I know something

Andy

jags

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:06:23 pm »
cheers Andy just had a look at a few of his videos very good , he seem's to take things in his stride  a cool dude nothing bothers him .
how the hell did he make it that far on the raleigh  ;D amazing bet he though all his exas cme at the one time when he met you . ;)

Andybg

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31:27 pm »
Especially when you consider he cycled through the winter too. Just shows what can be done

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:01 am »
Excellent story.
I wonder if I contacted you on WS last year Andy on my trip to Istanbul? I do seem to remember an Andy. I would have been in Bulgaria around beginning of October. What part are you in?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Andybg

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »
We are central Bulgaria near Veliko Tarnovo and about 4 hours riding south of Ruse so most our visitors are either passing south to Istanbul or occassionaly heading back north from there. It seems a popular route with people foolowing Eurovelo 6 and then head south to Turkey and beyond........

Hope you enjoyed Bulgaria Richie - I find it great for cycling with the scenery and quite roads. Just a shame about all the potholes - although then I probably would not have ended up with the Thorne - so every cloud has its silver lining....

Andy

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »
Ah no, that wasn't you then I'm afraid. I was heading from Serbia, Sofia, Plovdiv, Edirne. I left the Eurovelo 6 behind in Belgrade I think.
The only thing wrong with Bulgaria's potholes is that the roads keep ruining them ;)
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

jags

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D very good i like that