Author Topic: Thorn Raven Rohloff - S/M frame 487L - £950 - can post/deliver  (Read 84 times)

mariononslow20

A lovely stable bike set up for long range touring but equally at home on a commuting run.  It has a comfortable riding position, suspension seat post, mudguards, bespoke Thorn rear luggage rack, twist grip gear change and Busch & Mueller Lumotec hub and light.

And of course it has the legendary Rohloff  500/14 speedhub. 

The bike fits me at 5' 4" with 29" inseam but in reality there is plenty of room for adjustment upwards as the frame has a low cross bar and the stem and seatpost can be changed out or shortened/lengthened with spacers.  The frame is designed specifically to take the Rohloff speedhub.   The size is 487L - please see photo of Thorn's sizing guide.  SJS cycles have comprehensive guidance on sizing on their website

Documentation and speedhub spares and service accessories are included.

The bike is in good condition but has the inevitable small scuffs and minor signs of wear associated with normal use.   I have owned it since 2005 and have taken it on a few UK short tours, but it hasn't had a high mileage or heavy use throughout its life.  It has been stored indoors throughout.  I am selling because it doesn't get sufficient use nowadays.

Better/more photos available on request

Delivery options include

Collection from Surrey RH4 - 15 mins from J9
Courier - at purchaser's expense - estimate around £20
I am willing to deliver the bike for a modest charge in Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Berkshire
I would consider selling the speedhub separately, price TBA
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 07:21:57 am by mariononslow20 »