Community > Member's Gallery

Henry em Lagos

(1/3) > >>

in4:
Without anthropomorphising too much, a photo of Henry, my MK2 Nomad. I covered circa 1500kms between  Chester UK and Lagos PT. Henry was a delight to ride, more so when loaded. Through a mix of weather and surface conditions it was a sure, comfortable ride. I must admit to a bit of bike envy as the lightweight bike packing crew were quicker and more agile than Henry. That said comparing a Nomad to say a gravel bike would not be a fair comparison.
Some might notice I used a Sella Trek SMP saddle; the one with the dropped nose and cut-out. I found it comfortable, when well adjusted,  for most of my day rides. A bit hard around the 75km mark (using either padded Lycra or Corrine Dennis padded under crackers)
Apart from the comfort dimension not having to cover it in case of rain was a small but appreciated advantage.
Lastly you can use a sinewave to charge your gps whilst cycling.
I’ll save further comments on gps usefulness for another day.
Bom dia meus amigos.

PH:
Lovely photo and  an epic ride.
I know saddles are personal, but I'm a Brooks Cambium C17 fan, since converting I've reduced my reliance on padded clothing to the point where I hardly ever use it, not once this year with several rides over 200km.

John Saxby:
Oi, Ian -- muito bom e parabens!

I saw "Lagos" in the heading, and thought, "Surely he's not in Nigeria?  It can be done, I know -- I've even read a blog about cycling there, but..."  Then I checked the map and photos of the Lagos in Portugal, and was greatly relieved.  It looks like a vastly more manageable place. 👍

Tiberius:
Bom dia in4

Anthropomorphising' - Took me to my first Google of the day  ;)

A lovely photo of a lovely place and bike. I have visited that coast twice this year (non bike) and really took to it. So much cleaner than our coastal towns (I live in one) lovely weather and such nice people.The  thought of cycling around there crossed my mind many times.

I would be interested to know your route and any advice that you may have specific to cycling in Portugal?

Obrigado.

in4:
I had a challenging relationship with my gps but we succeeded in staying in Europe. Lagos (pronounced Lagoosh) is always a pleasure to visit. I’d also mention the Algarve train service that retains a ‘freight’ carriage that  is ideal for transporting a bicycle  across The Algarve; from Lagos through to the Spanish border.

I’m not anticipating cycling to the other Lagos any time soon but Henry’s ‘Where next Dad?’ cries are quite deafening. Wonder if there’s a Lagos in Asia?!
Obrigado :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version