Author Topic: 580S Club Tour Mk4 frame, MERV853C fork (red/blue)  (Read 1384 times)

Far-Oeuf

580S Club Tour Mk4 frame, MERV853C fork (red/blue)
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:52:14 pm »
After riding this for 500km I have decided that it's just not for me.  The bike (frame/forks) rides fantastically well, the reason for sale is partly the after-sales service and partly that I no longer feel it's suitable for the kind of riding I do.  I bought the complete bike from Thorn a few weeks ago, and my intention is to move the components to a different frame. 

I've put some black tape on the head tube and chainstay to protect the paintwork. The bike picked up a small surface scratch on the top tube, which would either polish out or use the touch-up paint. Some of the mount points (eg disc brake) have cracked paint round the thread, this was as delivered and just needs some touch up paint (and possibly some larger washers to avoid a repeat). These are all in the photos. Blue and red touch-up paint (original from Thorn) also supplied.

I am selling the frame, MERV853C fork, with the headset still fitted, Thorn seat tube, and also the mudguards (P35) as they are modified (by Thorn) to fit the bike. The frame and fork are £739 new from SJS, plus headset, guards and seat tube. I would like £500.

The bike has done 500km, and I will do another 500km in the next week (over the Austrian Alps). The reason for posting this before I'm back in the UK is that I could return home via London, if that helps a potential buyer. If you send me a message, please bear in mind it may take a few days before I get back to you.

A couple of flickr albums:
 https://www.flickr.com/gp/far-oeuf/jy36j1
 https://www.flickr.com/gp/far-oeuf/3EwD37 (the original frame was replaced, this frame starts with the wrapped frame photo)

It's tough to have to sell it, as I've invested considerable effort and additional cash into this bike. Hopefully it finds a new owner whose riding and touring really suits the Club Tour.

Cheers,
Doug

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: 580S Club Tour Mk4 frame, MERV853C fork (red/blue)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:04:38 pm »
Hi Doug!

All best wishes your way for a swift and successful sale, and for a safe and adventurous tour.

Lovely frame for someone, but I understand -- it has to be right for *you* to be a keeper.

All the best,

Dan.

leftpoole

Re: 580S Club Tour Mk4 frame, MERV853C fork (red/blue)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:59 am »
Hello,
Not quite right from the start. I guess you are someone who had made up your mind before a new frame was provided by Thorn.
After your initial rant on your Blog I somehow feel that selling the frame on this, the Thorn Forum will prove difficult as, after all the comments you made were pretty derogatory?
This picture indeed which is one of yours is an example...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/far-oeuf/15308517035/in/set-72157647127303316

Anyhow, best of luck with the sale (I think Ebay a better bet) and I hope that you find what you are looking for.
As a matter of interest to show good faith, if it were my size I would make an offer, but thankfully it is not. I do not personally like the colour scheme.
Best regards,
John