Author Topic: My 4yr old exp  (Read 5987 times)

julk

Re: My 4yr old exp
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:14 pm »
Slim,
The gold connectors are quite easy to fit and seem to be holding up well to use.

I have the dynohub wiring connection plugs facing the same way, AC current, so either to either works.
The rear light wiring connection plugs face opposite ways, DC current, so that the correct polarity is maintained as they can only be connected one way round.

Having the dynamo and rear light connections different means that I can connect the plugs in the dark and get them right every time.
I originally had both the dynamo and rear light plugs facing opposite ways (as in the old instructions) and it was easy to cross connect wires by mistake.

Some photos below showing my set up, I have pulled the plugs slightly out in one photo.
I am using the old handlebar mount on an accessory bar which works well for me.

slim

Re: My 4yr old exp
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:31:35 am »
Julk,

Thanks for your response and the excellent pictures.

I've just purchased a longer hex bolt that will enable me to attach the E3 via the multi-mount to the crown of the forks. That way I can easily dip the light when required. It's not a perfect solution because the bolt has a much smaller diameter than the hole in the multi-mount, but with the aid of washers it should hold. Perfection would be a bigger hole that goes right through the crown enabling the use of a Pitlock. I may revisit that option in due course.