Technical > General Technical

Tool for EBB - please direct me ...

<< < (2/2)

Matt2matt2002:
I did a deep clean of all moving parts on my Raven yesterday.
With the x2 bolts removed I was able to slide the EBB across and then grease it. The previous small bolt point indentations were easily visible.
It was easy to reposition.

I take it your EBB doesn't move easily?

Perhaps a large screwdriver blade end could be used to nudge one of the indents? Or a wooden wedge?

Let us know how you progress.

Best

Matt

mrtharrison:
Thanks Matt, very helpful.

Ended up inverting the bike, removing BB bolts, spraying a bit of lubricant in the holes and then knocking the BB sideways with a rubber mallet which mobilised it. Then tapped a narrow bit of wood in one of the notches to rotate it to tension the chain. Might get the special spanner for next time though.

Tom

PH:
The notched type looks like a pretty standard C spanner, the Thorn version isn't bad value, but you might find one locally in any decent tool shop, or if you're sure of the size a bargain one on Ebay. 
I'm glad they didn't stick with that design, by the time I bought a MkII it'd changed to the two hole design.  A pin spanner is the correct tool for that, but it's as easily done without by sticking a couple of screws in and using any thin spanner.   

Matt2matt2002:

--- Quote from: mrtharrison on March 20, 2022, 02:17:01 pm ---Thanks Matt, very helpful.

Ended up inverting the bike, removing BB bolts, spraying a bit of lubricant in the holes and then knocking the BB sideways with a rubber mallet which mobilised it. Then tapped a narrow bit of wood in one of the notches to rotate it to tension the chain. Might get the special spanner for next time though.

Tom

--- End quote ---

Next time you 'tap' the EBB out, apply some grease.
Pleased you managed with the rubber hammer.

Best

Matt

mrtharrison:
Thanks Matt and PH for the tips. Will make sure to give a generous dollop of grease.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version