Author Topic: jags is starting to loose it.  (Read 4408 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: jags is starting to loose it.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:37:26 pm »
And in some cases -- mine, for example -- it seems to be intractable to the point of incurability.

Best,

Dan. (...who seems to have a lifelong case -- so far)

jags

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »
Ah another potential buyer bit the dust today i thought i had him in the bag, sent loads of photos of which he was mightily impressed but ahh just to small for him  :'(
you know when you buy quality gear and the guy in the shop says, you will never have a problem selling this as quality holds up no matter what the market is, ;)
well next time you come across a guy like that grab him by the ass of the pants and fire him as far as you can over the nearest ditch for telling lies ???

yeah I'm not having any luck selling my gear  tent/guitar/bike i think I'll give up hold on to what i have .
huh you think it would be easy to save £500 I can spend that and a lot more in a nano second but trying to get that amount together  is something else. ;D ;D.
onwards and upwards anto  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:49:35 pm by jags »

rualexander

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »
Give it a bit more time jags, selling stuff like this can take a few weeks.

leftpoole

Jags is starting to 'lose' it!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »
Hi,
I just had to change the headline from 'loose' which means not tight! To lose as in lost!
John

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »
Jags,

So sorry this last bit of interest came up short, but I agree with Rual -- give it a bit more time. Not everyone checks the Forum all the time, and guests come and go. Sometimes, it can take a few weeks, or you can pump up interest after several weeks with a fresh reply to bring it to the top of the boards again.

Also, weather can play a role. You've had some nice days recently, so people are out and about more and away from the computer. That can be enough to fire interest in bike touring when they return.

Have you placed an ad on the CTC forum and some of the other Fora you monitor? The more exposure, the better.

Thorn will still produce a popular bike like the Audax for awhile yet, so it's not like the only example is winging its way farther from your grasp. Now you know your size for sure (always a useful thing), you can watch the boards, eBay, and Gumtree -- a really nice used frame/fork set might come available. One never knows.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 10:54:48 pm »
Cheers Lads the more i look at my sherpa i'm thinking this is a wee gem hold onto it.
but i cant if i want a different bike i would need to sell  the sherpa to finance the new bike  mores the pity.i have it on ctc and boards and cyclechat not a dicky bird i guess when people see the price there thinking ah i could buy a new bike for that money and they could ,but they wont buy one as good as mine for anything like a grand., never mind i'll leave it up for a while longer but if its not sold by sunday night i'll take the post down no big deal besides if i get it sold to a uk buyer i'm gonna have a lot of hassle getting it posted off more money. :-\

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »
if i get it sold to a uk buyer i'm gonna have a lot of hassle getting it posted off more money.
Jags,

Wouldn't shipping usually be the buyer's responsibility?

I notice you said, "as i live in ireland i would expect the buyer to go half with postage ", but I haven't seen that often. When I recently sold a spare Miyata frame, the buyer paid shipping and I provided the reusable box (the kind that could be used in future for air transport of the complete bike).

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 11:21:24 pm »
HAH you know me Dan big hearted Arther ;D ;D