Author Topic: carbon folk on sherpa  (Read 2129 times)

jags

carbon folk on sherpa
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:08:09 am »
i was just thinking .seen as im not going to be useing front pannier's,would it be possible to change my folk on my sherpa and replace it with a carbon folk.and if so is there a carbon folk out there that would fit the sherpa thank's all.
       jags.

julk

Re: carbon folk on sherpa
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:41:04 am »
jags,
Why change from an expedition/tour proven 531 steel fork to an unproved carbon one which will not even give the option of using front panniers?

I actually prefer the stable handling with front panniers if only 2 are being used.

I will continue to put my trust in a steel fork for laden touring.

Save some money and keep the existing forks, or if you must spend £££ get a SON equipped front wheel.
Julian.

jags

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:25:31 pm »
yes you could be wright julk,ah i suppose im that use'd to riding my road bike when i get on the sherpa it can feel sluggish ,dont get me wrong i love the sherpa different beast, i should ride it more .

bobs

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:56:47 pm »
Jags,
the Sherpa is a different beast from a racing bike, just enjoy it. You could spend the money on comfort bars and try using it on rough tracks etc and see how good it is.

Bob

jags

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 06:39:20 pm »
no i do like it just as it is bobs,it was a wild idea i had to make the steering more responsive,but your wright it is what it is.so iv'e put that idea out my head and enjoy the ride.