Technical > Luggage

best barbag.

(1/8) > >>

jags:
What bar bag are you Thorn Audax  owners using ,

cheers
Jags or anto

Danneaux:
I don't own an Audax, but for all my bikes including some randonneur bikes that are very similar to the Audax, I prefer my Ortlieb Ultimate V handlebar bag in size Large with 8.5l capacity and two small zippered mesh side pockets. The Large weighs about an aspirin tablet more than the Medium but holds a lot more, nice for light but bulky things like wind jackets and such.

I've found its greatest virtue is reliable waterproofness. It has withstood more rainstorms than I can count, all without a leak.

I prefer the older Ultimate V because it uses very secure snaps to close the lid and secure the map case instead of magnets, which are located in a way that would be problematic for my portable hard drive and credit cards carried inside. Otherwise, the newer Ultimate VI is really nice also.

On my bikes with threadless steerers, I place the bag mount low on a 55mm Thorn Accessory T-bar instead of directly to the handlebars. This puts the weight a smidge lower for better handling.

Best,

Dan.

bobs:
Same here.

StuntPilot:
Yep - the Ortlieb bar bag is a classic. I have the Ultimate VI Large 8.5l with the magnets, which I find work very well. I keep bank cards etc in the zipped pocket in the front of the bag and have not had any issue with the magnets. The lock too in invaluable for peace of mind on quick stops.

Having just returned from 3 and a half months of touring, the Ortlieb Ultimate VI has had everything thrown at it. Intense sun, torrential rain, sand and dust - not one problem. The bag (Black) showns no sign of any colour change due to UV exposure, though the map case that sat exposed throughout the trip shows a little 'greying' but still very transparrent.

I find it works well too with the Thorn 105mm Accessory T-Bar.

jags:
cheers lads goes on the wish list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version