Author Topic: SOLD Thorn Trident triple tandem  (Read 1789 times)

chilternmtb

SOLD Thorn Trident triple tandem
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:45:03 pm »
Selling our triple tandem for £950.  This bike retails for £2,300 from Thorn and £900 for the frameset only.  Pictures are here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/jameslusher1963/Tridem

Prior to my ownership, the bike was used by Camelot for publicity.  It's kept in the garage and used only for fun rides and charity rides by our family.  It's lots of fun but be prepared for the attention that you get when riding it.  They are only occasionally seen so motorists and pedestrians shout and wave as you go past.  It runs a nine speed dérailleur with a single chainring on the front.  Three people put lots of power through the drivetrain and we have found that this gives a sensible range of gears while keeping gear problems to a minimum.  The bike was overhauled for the Olympics and now sports new red, white and blue accents.  I have put wider bars on all positions, but have the original Thorn bars as well. The bike comes complete with speedo and rear rack.

The bike fits in the back of my Espace or can be carried via a tandem rack or on its side on the roof of your car.  In reality a three person bike is only a little longer than a normal tandem.   It can take three adults. I am 6'2" on the front and my wife is 5'3" on the back. As you are reading this on the Thorn forum, you will know that stiffness is really important on a bike like this.  You can get cheap triples, but they flex horribly! Thorn build proper bikes and this is no exception.

We have had our family fun on it - now it's someone else's turn.  My son's off to University now, so the wife and I will be back to our tandem.

Any questions please ask or call/text on 07808 581141. James    
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:09:43 am by chilternmtb »