Author Topic: Mirror with Ergon GP1 Grips  (Read 3805 times)

Templogin

Mirror with Ergon GP1 Grips
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:22:45 pm »
I am using Ergon GP1 grips on Thorn comfort bars an wonder if any of you are using the same with a decent sized mirror.  Which mirror?

Thanks

Andy

julk

Re: Mirror with Ergon GP1 Grips
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:55:11 am »
Andy,
I am using the same bars and grips.
I have a B&M Star mirror fitted in the bar end, it is not the largest mirror but is a high quality glass mirror, convex and covers the road behind nicely.
Julian.

IanW

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 10:11:43 am »
My spouse uses a Mirrycle mirror with GP1 grips (where I choose to use bar-end grips with my GP1 grips).

I actually adapted a dropped-bar brake-lever version of this mirror to fit *some* of the mirror assembly to another manufacturer's bar-end plug.

Note that Mirrycle mirrors are pretty robust, they are not indestructible and so it helps if they are able to rotate / pivot a bit when knocked / bike is dropped so don't do them up really tight so that they are completely rigidly mounted.

My adapted version lost one degree of freedom and so the specific flat-bar version may be more suited
although this means that it sticks out further https://www.mirrycle.com/mountain_mirrycle.php

She also tried the Cateye bar-end mirror, but it is too feebly clamped and vibrates too much.

You might alternatively consider one of the B&M mirror variations http://www.bumm.de/produkte/mehr/fahrrad-rueckspiegel/cycle-star.html

I have no direct experience of using these, but some of my Dutch relatives do use them (but not with GP1 grips) and like them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:13:35 pm by IanW »

Templogin

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:09:10 am »
Thanks folks.  I shall go for the B&M mirror.  If it's good enough for BMW motorbikes, it's good enough for me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:23:56 pm by Templogin »

il padrone

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »
Andy,
I am using the same bars and grips.
I have a B&M Star mirror fitted in the bar end, it is not the largest mirror but is a high quality glass mirror, convex and covers the road behind nicely.

A new version of the Cyclestar now comes in an 80mm mirror