Community > Non-Thorn Related

Cold hands

(1/3) > >>

peddles:
You know it's cold when the juice in your drink bottle starts to freeze.  How on earth do others manage to keep their hands warm?  I'm wearing sheepskin mittens now for my daily ride but it still takes about 5 minutes, before my hands warm up enough to remove my helmet. Any sugggestions?

julk:
Expensive, but how about some Pogies?

Bearbait:
They sell 'lobster gloves' for biking in the winter here.  Three fingered so you have a little more control than mits.  Heatpacks will help in extremes - chemical packs that heat when you break them apart and last for 1/2 hour or so.  Now they have battery powered socks that stay warm for several hours - not sure if have mits yet. Battery pack is quite small and sits up on your calf.

Mountain Equipment Coop has a great selection of all sorts of winter gear.  Here's website if interested;

www.mec.ca

Peter

expr:
Same Problem here to, i went to the trouble of buying some £15 ski gloves expecting to have mitts like toast, but have been quite disappointed this last week temps down to -10 in Cheshire on my daily ride to work of around 10 mile and i am now starting to get chill pains in my hands after only a couple of miles. I have found a good scarf keeps all my face warm by my hands feel quite painfull.

I think more money needs to be spent on better gloves. Maybe some professional ski gloves would be better. Or as has allready been suggested some mitts with a hand warmer in.....

Bearbait:
I wear my ski gloves up to -14.  Good gloves will have a fleece liner and a water-proof outer.  Thinsulate will not do the trick.  For colder weather, you need to get mitts.  Gloves cannot keep isolated fingers warm.  I have a pair of mitts I use when it is really cold.  They came with a liner which I haven't even used yet. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version