Technical > General Technical

BikeBuddy

<< < (3/4) > >>

Templogin:
Still haven't fitted mine!  Cycle touring mid September though so I make have to do it for the wild camping and wild cooking lark!

StuntPilot:
Just waiting for the Mount Skidmore brackets to arrive from Australia! Will post a photo when its all set up with the the Bikebuddy and the 946ml Klean Kanteen flask.

Hope to do a short tour before the end of the Summer myself. Looking forward to touring with hot coffee or ice cold water!

Templogin:
Felt embarrassed so fitted mine last night.  The Trangia fuel bottle has a slight taper at the bottom so there was the need to add the extended right angled piece to lower the bottle in the cage.  Anyway all is well now.

StuntPilot:
Here is the setup including two Bike Buddy fittings - one for stove fuel and one for a 946ml Klean Kanteen insulated steel flask. Also managed to fit in a BBB Fuel Tank XL bottle cage that will take a 1.5 litre bottle. Thorn Raven Tour frame size is 512L.

You can see the Mount Skidmore brackets at the Bike Buddy flask and BBB holder attachment points.

Pavel:
I hadn't heard of bike buddies before and see that it may be what I've been wanting so as to mount wider diameter bottles than the standard sizes.  I wonder what the maximum width of bottle is possible.  I'm wanting to move away from plastic to double wall stainless steel and was going to put them in the panniers but this may solve that for me. 

Thanks all, for this thread.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version