Author Topic: The sound of rohloff  (Read 6781 times)

alcyst

• Apistos Leander
Re: The sound of rohloff
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 11:10:46 pm »
One of (the right number of Rohloff-ed bikes is r+1) my hubs was really noisy until it leaked and it had to go back for a re-seal and since then it has been oddly silent. I suspect the leak was because a mechanic at my LBS opened it up to have a look. The other was never as noisy as that video. Think road and wind noise end up being more most of the time.

rualexander

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 04:49:06 pm »
The video in the OP is terrible, I've never heard any rohloff hub make anything like that level of noise.
The fact that it is 'cut open' might be the part of the reason as there will be no muffling by the hub shell and oil, but its definitely a misleading video and any potential Rohloff purchasers should ignore it.

ipswichcycler

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:57 pm »
Why would you want to listen to someone else's cut open Rohloff? Surely it depends on the sensitivity of the microphone etc. Go out for a ride on a motorbike and then you will appreciate the pure tranquility of a bicycle.

Or get a job where you work 60+ hours a week and then any free time out riding will also seem like pure bliss.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:10:55 pm by ipswichcycler »