Author Topic: Thorn Cyclosportif audax - 590M - starburst blue  (Read 1435 times)

Kuba

Thorn Cyclosportif audax - 590M - starburst blue
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:37:04 pm »
Okay, so I'm finally selling my Cyclosportif to fund an XTC build and besides, it's always felt a tad too small... Also advertised on CTC forum.

Starburst blue Thorn Cyclosportif, size 590m frame (seat tube 54cm, top tube 55cm centre to centre). I'd say it's ideal for someone around 6'. Reynolds 725 conical tubing, 531c forks and Ritchey dropouts. Frame number shows it was built by Kevin Sayles in Bridgwater around 2004. The frame has a few chips with a bit of surface rust, chain suck marks and the lacquer shows it's age too. It's all cosmetic though and the paintwork is still rather stunning overall.

It's got the following bits:

Shimano Dura Ace (7700) 9-speed STI levers, front & rear derailleur, bottom bracket and brakes. All working very good and brake pads recently replaced. STIs have marks from leaning the bike against walls but work very well, both derailleurs in very good condition.
Shimano Ultegra (6500) 9-speed cassette, chain, 172.5mm chainset 53-39 and seat post.
Chris King 1 1/8" headset in pewter.
Titanium 100mm reach stem and spacer with ITM 'super racing' handlebars. Tape holds okay but I'd replace it if I were to keep it - decided to leave that to the new owner.
Wheels are Dave Yates built Mavic 32 hole Open Pro Rims on Shimano Dura Ace (7700) hubs. Plenty of life left. Tyres are Panaracer Pasela 28mm tyres, front good rear will need replacing in a few hundred miles I'd say.

I intend to keep the saddle and pedals.

Overall a great bike as the photos hopefully show. I'd love to keep but having ridden for a while decided it's just a tad too small for me (for reference, the seat post in pics is set for me at 6'2, and it's definitely too much. It should be a good fit up to 6'1 max).

I'd like £625 please, ideally cash on collection from Bristol, Exeter, Newport or Abergavenny.

Kuba

Price drop: Thorn Cyclosportif audax - 590M - starburst blue
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:54:06 am »
Weekend bump & price drop - £575, plus courier if required.