Author Topic: Nokon Cables  (Read 1597 times)

neil_p

Nokon Cables
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:26:10 am »
Apologies for starting a new thread, I'm sure there was a previous one butI can't find it!

Anyway, I know people were discussing whether Nokon cables can be used with the Rohloff, what was the final outcome?  Also, I'll need the Nokon cables to be compatible with the S&S couplings - is that possible?

stutho

• Administrator
Re: Nokon Cables
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:27 am »
Hi Neil,
Nokon Cable can be used with the Rohloff - they sell a kit specifically for the job although I believe it is aimed at the EX version.  Ravens and Rohloff EXPs will require a continues length of outer which will make the price of the cable VERY high.  (Check the kit has enough!  Extensions are available.)  

I don’t know if it is possibly to have a 'split' to allow for S&S.  Which frame have you got - some frames don’t use split cables (Raven Nomad for example).

neil_p

Re: Nokon Cables
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:53:37 am »
It's an EXP frame, with EX Rohloff.  Having spoken to SJS a few moments ago, I've been advised to stick with standard cables.  They feel the added cost and fiddly fitting outweigh the benefits.  I trust them with my life (well, my bike) so I'll stick with Shimano.