Author Topic: favourate thorn  (Read 1824 times)

jags

favourate thorn
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:00:53 am »
could i just ask ,what thorn bike do you guys favour in all the models
thorn make,i love the look of the nomad,,and its a do all bike.im thinking off the club tour,but not sure about 700 wheels , 600 would be better for the odd trip off road,,
so many models to choose from ,like the raven tour ,but i need drop handlebars,ok thats me

john28july

Re: favourate thorn
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:11:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jags

could i just ask ,what thorn bike do you guys favour in all the models
thorn make,i love the look of the nomad,,and its a do all bike.im thinking off the club tour,but not sure about 700 wheels , 600 would be better for the odd trip off road,,
so many models to choose from ,like the raven tour ,but i need drop handlebars,ok thats me

Hello,
Well its very hard to answer, but in my own opinion and experience my favourite Thorn is the Audax 853. But-I have great affection for my Sherpa which actually replaced my Nomad! This has greatly surprised me but the Sherpa is a fantastic all round bike and ridden the most these days. I have a Club Tour but have not quite finished its build yet, but do have great hopes for it also. I have owned a Raven Tour but I could not get on with it for a couple of reasons, one being the handlebar setup.
You can be assured that any Thorn will be a good one.
John.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:13:19 am by john28july »

jags

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »
thank you john ,would you belive it was your nomad,that made me choose a thorn bike,,i seen it on your web page,along with all your other thorns..you done a brilliant job on the builds,,thanks

jags

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 05:24:42 pm »
thank you john ,would you belive it was your nomad,that made me choose a thorn bike,,i seen it on your web page,along with all your other thorns..you done a brilliant job on the builds,,thanks

The Raucous AUK

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 10:48:45 pm »
I only have one Thorn - a Cyclosportif. It's a bit of a flawed diamond because of the short head tube and heavy weight but the good bits far outweigh the bad. Stunning fillet-brazing, a well-executed paint job, a stiff and responsive rear end, a solid front end and a delightfully springy fork (mine has a custom-built Bob Jackson fork as I bought the frame off ebay). I also like the compact style!

For next season I might treat mine to a respray and I've got some Chorus 2003 stuff stashed away that'll be just the job.