Author Topic: Hero Member ... how apt  (Read 5507 times)

Relayer

Hero Member ... how apt
« on: May 20, 2012, 09:43:37 am »
Congratulations to Danneaux on achieving Hero Member status on these boards.

An epic contribution and well worth noting.

!,000+ posts, and most of them a veritable mine of information, encouragement, enthusiasm, tact and diplomacy.  Well done Dan, you are indeed a 'Hero Member'!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:45:22 am by Relayer »

jags

Re: Hero Member ... how apt
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:56 am »
He sure is the most helpful person i think i've ever met in my life.
and a gentleman to boot, yes thanks dan for all your advice help and friendship .
the thorn forum is a much better place since you joined thats for sure.
cheers
Jags.

JimK

• Interdependent Science
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:38:28 pm »
Amazing that a simple algorithm for assigning status to members can actually be so accurate, at least once! Inspiring folks to make the forum a really useful place, and inspiring folks to get out and ride! A hero indeed! Long may you ride!

triaesthete

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 03:51:31 pm »
+1 to all of the above.
Thanks Dan.
Ian

philb0412

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »
Here here. Well done Dan!

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 08:05:03 pm »
Congrats Dan! Thanks for all the information over all the posts!

Andre Jute

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
Hear, hear! Well done, Dan. -- Andre Jute

macspud

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 03:54:42 am »
Hear hear, Amazing! And all in just ten months since joining... what can I say other than keep up the good work.
Thanks Dan,
Regards,
Iain.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:24:06 am »
Hi All,

I was away from the computer all day Sunday building some handrails for my dad, and when I returned, I saw this new topic and read your comments in wonder.

I...don't know what to say.

Yes, I do.

I am amazed, embarrassed, deeply touched...and very, very grateful for the chance to interact with and learn from you all in this virtual forum.

It has been a real pleasure following the list for a very long time from afar as an anonymous "guest" before I officially joined in July 2011. On joining, I felt as if I already knew many of you, but following from afar was like a black-and-white photo compared to the vivid technicolor of interacting and exchanging ideas.

I could not have hoped for a nicer welcome from you all, and only wish the forum was not quite so virtual so we could all throw a leg across our bikes, ride out together for a good time, and meet up at the end for a cuppa and treats (like you've shown us so many times, Simeon) and a good chat face-to-face. Lacking that, this is the next-best-thing and it has been an honor and privilege to come to know you. I have learned from and been enriched by every one of you, and many nice friendships have developed off-list via correspondence that started here.

One of the most precious elements of this Forum is the atmosphere of supportive collegiality. So often, cycling IRL is a competitive sport in the wrong ways, and here we know it is about so much more. It is about helping and learning from one another in this delightful little pursuit that involves a marvelous machine with two wheels that can't even stand up on its own without us. If there's a metaphor in there, it is that we can all be a little more together than we can be alone, and by supporting each other we can all go farther. We all get there in our own ways and at our own speeds and there's many ways to get there. We may be separated by continents, but we're all in the same place in the simple joy we share in being on our bicycles.

And it really is true...there's no bad rides.

Thanks, everyone, for making this a wonderful ride for me, through your kind comments, criticisms, input, thoughts, ideas and acceptance.

All the best, truly, to you all,

Dan.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:51:32 am by Danneaux »

triaesthete

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »
Well Dan
another well earned promotion for you I see. At this rate you'll be the next Dalai Lama. Thanks for all you have done so far. I'm sure this wil further enhance the forum's reputation for fair mindedness and informed discussion.

Very best wishes
Ian

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »
Oh! Thanks, Ian, so much!

I'm humbled and grateful for the "promotion" and look forward to returning to the Forum after a week's absence due to a lockout by my ISP. I missed you guys! At times, I was able to log-on via a proxy, but it was too slow to post or reply. I haven't felt so frustrated since I lost my voice with laryngitis a few years ago. After many hours' work, the nationwide problem accessing the Thorn domain via the US' largest ISP has been resolved -- at least for now.

My, it is good to be back!

Thanks so much for your kind words; I will endeavor to do my very best by us all.

Dan.

jags

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »
Global moderator that sounds just perfect ;)

Relayer

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:49:02 am »
And the Royal Purple stars are surely eye-catching!!    ;)

Andre Jute

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 07:32:19 pm »
Yay, I want just one of those purple stars!

Congratulations, Dan. A well-deserved honor to which you will bring further honor

Andre Jute

triaesthete

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »
I've just had a thought!

What will Robin Thorn say if anyone steps out of line on this forum?   "Book 'em Danneaux."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Five-O

Ian