Author Topic: Revision to the B&M Luxos U  (Read 3832 times)

il padrone

Revision to the B&M Luxos U
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:49:55 pm »
B&M have made a modification to their Luxos U light to deal with those who had water ingress problems, mainly due to an incorrrectly run controller cable. Now the cable is permanently fitted.

I must say, I have been running mine full-time since last August in all sorts of weather with the detachable lead, with no water issues.

Planet X

Re: Revision to the B&M Luxos U
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 01:17:15 pm »
Same here. Use it everyday no issues.
Great light.

energyman

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:03:36 pm »
Query,
Is the casing metal or plastic ?

honesty

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »
Just fitted one to my heavy tourer/commuter. Like it so much contemplating fitting one to my audax, my only problem with doing that is aesthetic. Edelux lights are smaller and look prettier!

Its plastic by the way.

Slammin Sammy

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:51:12 pm »
I had water ingress problems when I first installed mine last year, but the problem was in the operator. I had failed to ensure the lead was firmly inserted into the light housing, and the light died after a heavy Danube downpour.

I thought the game was up for the light, but time, a little gentle drying by sun and hair dryer, and a reinstallation of all connections brought it back to life. It has worked flawlessly ever since, surviving several short sharp showers (although I've yet to encounter an all-day drenching such as that first one). I have considered packing silicone sealant around the plug if it happens again, since it never needs to be removed anyway. Permanently attaching the controller/USB lead is a good idea, although it takes away the option of not using it.

I carry a sandwich bag to throw over the light in case of a really heavy rain, but I've never had to use it, and I'd worry about the light overheating. Of course, the light can't be fully immersed, and rain that heavy would be no good for bike and rider.  :-\

jags

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 06:53:51 pm »
when ever i get the money i think i'll be buying the cyo primium heard great things about it but yet to see video  footage of how good it really is. 8)

rub rub  ;D ;D

jags.