Author Topic: answers on a postcard ....  (Read 1394 times)

ians

answers on a postcard ....
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:23:35 pm »
A new Sterling frame plus Rohloff hub leaves SJS by ParcelForce 24 on wednesday 3rd September.  I follow its progress using the tracking number.  At about 5.30am on the 4th it goes off the radar.  It reappears at my house approximately 48 hours after leaving Bridgewater.

Eager to check the colour of the frame I open it - and to my absolute horror discover that the top headset cup is D shaped and the top tube has a nice bend in it.  Once the tears have subsided I check the rest of the box - bits I was expecting are absent. 

But there's a big box at the bottom of the bike box.  I lift it out - good grief it's heavy - weighs more than the frame and hub put together.  On opening I discover 5 modules from a course on accountancy (an American one at that).  It's addressed to a company in my home town.  But no sender's address.

SJS of course are brilliant - a good listen, loads of virtual kleenex - and a new frame, and missing bits are despatched without question.  They even offer to take back the 5 modules on Accountancy even though they know nothing about them.   But I can't let them; they've become a bit of a quest.  How did they get in the box?

The replacement frame is due tomorrow.  Can't wait to find what else turns up.

ians

john28july

Re: answers on a postcard ....
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:08:58 pm »
The parts have been stolen and the manuals put in to get the weight back?
John.