Author Topic: WITHDRAWN Thorn Nomad for sale with Rohloff and S&S  (Read 7042 times)

b1ke

WITHDRAWN Thorn Nomad for sale with Rohloff and S&S
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:28 pm »
Thorn Nomad Mk1 for sale. Rohloff 14 speed hub gears and S&S couplings for easy packing. Frame is dark green and size is 497L .

Lovely bike in excellent condition apart from a dent in the top tube - none structural with no sharp edges. Decal damaged but the paint is all intact. The ride is tip-top. Gears, brakes all work fine, chain not stretched, bottom bracket and headset as they should be.

Fitted with ceramic rims front and rear with minimal wear. Front wheel has an XT hub. 1.95 Schwalbe Marathon XR folding tyres front and rear. (I can fit some 1.5 Schwalbe Marathon Plus if preferred.)
XT vee brakes, Tektro levers.
Thorn accessory bar.
Bullhorn bars fitted along with 120mm stem to accommodate taller riders. I'm 6ft 2in and it suits me fine. (I prefer smaller frames for the standover height) . However, this is probably ideally suited to someone around 5ft 9/10. I can also fit trekking bars with XT brake levers and an adjustable stem, if someone smaller is interested. Happy to look at whichever option suits.

Please note, I've got the Rohloff hub and rear wheel advertised separately. If this sells first, the bike will be withdrawn from sale.

Brooks saddle not included but I can fit a 'comfort' saddle for the sale. Also, the bike is currently fitted with folding pedals. These will be replaced with standard flat pedals.

Asking price is £1150 ono. Collection from Brighton only.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:23:08 am by b1ke »

Andybg

Re: Thorn Nomad for sale with Rohloff and S&S
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:31:37 pm »
Might just be the bike for bikerta

Cracking looking bike at a very reasonable price.

I would not be over concerned about the top tube damage. These frames are designed for it

Andy

phopwood

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:13:23 am »
If you sell the wheel first I may be interested in the frame etc.

Peter.

b1ke

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:16 am »
If I sell the wheel first, I'll be keeping the frame. These frames don't come up very often. Perfect for long distance multi-modal transport.

Why not buy the complete bike and sell the wheel yourself?  :)

phopwood

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 04:17:23 pm »
If I sell the wheel first, I'll be keeping the frame. These frames don't come up very often. Perfect for long distance multi-modal transport.

Why not buy the complete bike and sell the wheel yourself? 

Yes you are correct thats why I want the frame, I have the wheel.

Peter

b1ke

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »
Ok. That makes sense. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

03webbd

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 11:28:37 pm »
How much are you looking for for the rear wheel or do you have a link to where you have it listed?

b1ke

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 11:32:47 pm »
Hi, looking for £500 ono for the rear wheel with Rohloff/gearbox/shifter. Link is here....

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=85194

I'm open to sensible offers. Cheers

b1ke

Re: Thorn Nomad for sale with Rohloff and S&S MORE PICS ADDED
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 06:28:55 pm »
Additional pictures now added.

sd

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »
Looking at the brochure for Nomad mk2 don't see your frame size? I am 5'10” and looking for Relaxed/very relaxed position. Do you think your frame meet this requirement. Thank you for your time. JB

b1ke

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 07:13:28 pm »
Thanks for your interest in the Thorn. It's actually a Nomad MK1 not 2 which is why you wouldn't have found the size listing. Regarding the ride, I've got it set up for my height which is 6ft 2in. The frame isn't designed with my height in mind at all, but since the bike has an uncut steerer and long seatpost, there's room for adaptation. I took the bike on some trails today and feel that the current bars are unsuited to such terrain, so I'll change them tomorrow for some trekking bars. I'll take a pic and post it when it's done. The trekking bars will give a more relaxed ride, which would make it more suited to what you're looking for. As to whether it's the perfect bike for you, I can't say. Preferences vary, so the best way to find out is to try it. The bike is in Brighton and if you want to see it that would be fine. Cheers.

sd

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 07:32:43 pm »
Have you got the original ownership documents?

b1ke

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 07:37:25 pm »
No I don't. I bought the bike second hand.

b1ke

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 08:01:01 am »
A couple of pics with trekking bars.

b1ke

Re: WITHDRAWN - Thorn Nomad for sale with Rohloff and S&S
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »
I've decided to keep the Thorn. Thanks for your interest.